Baecation

And don't forget to send me pictures. Really I'll kill you if you do not.

I smiled, shaking my head as I read the message on my phone screen from my best friend. Celine was the happiest to hear that I was finally getting a break from my break if that made any sense. I quickly typed a response across the screen and dumped my phone on the bed next to my suitcase.

7 days had breezed past like 7 hours and after a week of activities with the kids, Lucas and I were finally leaving on our trip for some alone time. Some much needed, much desired, much deserved alone time. I mean after all our relationship had been through.

Lucas's large arm looped around my waist and his scent filled my senses. His voice was thick when he spoke, "Hey muffin,"

I sighed and sagged my body against his, my eyes roamed my empty suitcase as I contemplated what to pack for this three-day getaway. "I don't know what to pack,"

"You don't have to pack anything, a few bikinis is probably too much actually," Lucas said and left a light kiss on my shoulder.

"I don't mind being naked with you all day, but I'm not putting my body on display for everyone," I said flatly, shoving a pair of leggings into the bag.

He released his grip on me and sat on the bed next to the bag, "by everyone you mean?"

I scowled at him with brows raised, "People?"

"Except you mean the creatures in the sea and of course myself, I don't think you have anyone else to worry about."

I planted one hand on my hip and finally voiced the question that had left me curious all week long, "Where exactly are we going?"

"To a place," he gave an amused shrug.

"Lucas," I whined, crawling between his spread legs, "tell me."

"And spoil the surprise?"

I pouted and he reached his hand out, with his fingers digging into my hips, he yanked me closer so his face was at the same level as my abdomen. "I cannot tell you where, but I told you before, there would be no room for you to do so much as thinking about the outside world when we get there, so, have some patience, my love."

"Okay," I nodded, kissing his lips briefly before straightening.

"By the way, Mia and Lilian would be here in about 5 minutes, so that's how long we have to leave."

I was still skeptical about leaving the kids, but that was more out of the fact that I would miss them terribly not because I feared they would not be safe. If there was anyone safer to look after the twins, it was their dear aunt who adored them and had been doing the very same thing since their birth.

After deciding to go for a smaller knapsack, I threw in a few clothes and some much-needed toiletries. I threw it over my shoulder just as a car peeled in through the wrought iron gates guarding the mansion. Abby and Aiden were downstairs already playing with their new best friend Elmo and their happy squeals and cries filled the air as Mia, Lilian and Zoey piled out of the back of the SUV.

I reached the lower floor just in time to receive Mia's grasping embrace. "God I cannot believe how much I missed you."

"One week?" I pulled back and raised an amused brow.

"Feels like one month."

Zoey was already babbling and rattling off God-knows-what to Lucas who was rocking her in his arms and giving her his full attention as though he could actually understand a word she was saying.