The sexy Nerd

The rest of lunch seemed to go on slowly or maybe it was because I could not keep my mind off Lucas's promise to show me his work basement. Well, it was not exactly the fact that he would be showing me his basement, it was more of what he was going to show me down there. If I were to put it in the right words, I was going to be used as a test run for his experiment, but I would not even pretend to be offended in the least. Not when I felt like I would explode from all the anticipation building inside me any second. And from the way Lucas slurped down his food hurriedly and exchanged suggestive looks at me, I could tell he could not wait any more than I could.

After the never-ending lunch, Lucas took me down to the basement. Earlier when I walked through the doors of this billion-dollar company, I thought it was the most exciting sight I would witness today, but the three-story basement left my mouth hanging. Each floor was specially built to host labs for experiments that were not ready to meet the public just yet. It was not your regular garage-like basement as I had expected it to be.

Lucas gave me a tour of the labs of the first two floors of the basement, and I forgot how to breathe as he showed me more and more of his work that he expected to get patented too. Finally, we reached the last floor, and I was thrilled to hear this was his floor or his special playground as he liked to call it. First for the privacy, and second because here I knew I was free to express my amazement at all the cool things I expected to see.

"Playground?" I asked as he swiped a key card over the door lock.

"Yeah, it's my safe place where I can try out all of my prototypes, bring my new ideas to life without interruptions, and I do not have to engage in the fistfights over who gets the patent name as is always the case with what happens on the other two lab floors above." the door made a buzzing sound and he stepped to the side to let me in.

"They engage in fistfights?" I asked almost amused.

"Yup," he nodded, "I for one have had to throw a few punches around sometimes."

I snickered as the image of Lucas punching someone in the face for his patent name crawled up my brain. "Stop imagining it," he chuckled.

"How would you know what I was imagining?"

"I can read you like a book," he shrugged and took my hand, "come let me show you around."

I gasped as Lucas lead me through a large work table with much different hardware I have never seen before. I sauntered over to a robot on the other end of the table. "Oh my god," I cried like a child that just saw Santa on Christmas morning. "Does it work?"

Lucas walked up behind me, an amused grin plastered on his face. "Everything that makes it to this table works." he reached out and touched a few buttons on the robot bringing it to life. "this though was my first baby. It was my first project after I returned from Germany."

"You went to school in Germany?" I turned to him shocked.

"Dad's choice," he said simply and leaned down to unlock the robot with his face. "There are a few updates I still need to make on it, so it's unsafe to use right now."

A small disappointed pout formed on my face that made him chuckle. "The good news though is that," he stepped forward and took a red arm like thing. "you can play with my second favorite toy,"

"A glove?"

"Robotic gloves," he corrected. He took the pair of brown rubber gloves next to the robotic arm and slipped them over his hand. "Ready for some action?" he asked with a smug grin.

"You know I am."

Lucas clenched his fists lightly and the robotic arms on the table moved in rhythm with his fingers. "Whoa," I gasped. "That's..."