Razorcut

"You just sound like one big happy family," Celine squealed happily as I sat on my bed talking to her after finishing up for the day. She went on about her usual excitement as I told her about the picnic.

"Of course," I said flatly, "except we are not a family and we have only been dating one week.".

"What if you propose to him," she said as her tone shifted into seriousness.

"That's your worst joke yet," I said drily as I shifted on my bed. "and I've seen you try stand up comedy."

"Shut up," she laughed, "I'm serious, since we came here, I've seen more couples proposing than on valentine's day."

"You hate valentine's—and proposals." I cried through the phone.

"Well, that was before I made this trip to Ibiza, god they are so f-ing adorable girl."

"What is Alexander turning my best friend into?"

"Haha, very funny," she mocked, "but it would be so cute. I can even help you shop for rings and I have some really amazing proposal ideas in mind."

"Good night Celine," I threatened.

"Okay okay," she said quickly, "dude where did your sense of humor go?"

"I'm sorry C," I said in a softer tone, "I just have a lot of shit on my mind lately."

"Whoa baby girl, it's just the first week it's too soon to start having a lot of shit,"

"No it's not about Lucas." that was partly a lie since it had something to do with his past. "hey C I have to ask you something really quick."

"Shoot."

"The other day back at the bar, before you went on your trip, did you feel anything weird," I asked carefully not wanting to scare her.

"Well, it depends on what kind of weird. The city is filled with a whole bunch of weirdos."

"I mean weird like you were being..." I paused, weighing my words carefully. I knew Celine too well. She would be on the first flight back here if she thought I was in even the slightest form of danger, and I would hate to ruin her vacation like that. Maybe it would be better to hold it off till she got back. "um...you know what forget it. I forgot what I was going to ask you."

"You are being so weird right now."

"Yeah, I know. It's just all of the stress from work here these days, plus I think dating after such a long while is taking its toll on me, and most of all I miss the best friend anyone can have on the planet."

"I miss you too, but if you're trying to butter me up so I get distracted from how distressed you sound right now, it is not working at all." she let out a small sigh, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I lied, trying to make my tone sound a little less worried.

"Tell that to someone that has not known you all of their life," she said almost as if she was here to see the look on my face.

"Girl you know I do not hide stuff from you, I really forgot what I was going to ask you, but I think it was something about what pill you are on," I said hoping she would flow along with my change of topic.

"still not working," she said and made a ruffling sound in the background. "But it's fine if you will not tell me." she pushed the phone away from her ear, but I could still hear her yell, "babe can you fix the next flight back to Califonia?"

"Celine, what are you doing?" I asked quickly.

"Will you tell me what is up now? Or will you tell me when you come and pick me up at the airport," she said casually.