Pregnant

"Girl relax," Celine's calm and soothing voice speaking through the phone made me feel anything but calm.

I refreshed the period tracker app on my phone for the hundredth time in the last few hours. "How could I have been so forgetful." I cried, ignoring my best friend's voice, "two months, C. Two damn months."

"Christine..."

"What am I supposed to do now? Oh God, Oh God, Oh God."

"Christine Elizabeth Channing!" Celine's stern voice boomed through the phone. No longer soothing, but clearly pissed this time.

"What? My name is not Elizabeth." I reminded her, "that's your name."

"I know," she giggled, actually fucking giggled, "but it sounded good like that and it got your attention. Now back to the topic at hand, would you fucking relax?"

"How the hell am I supposed to do that? I should have listened to you, I can't believe I'm pregnant!" I whispered the last part harshly, knowing Lucas could walk in at any moment.

"Or there could be another reasonable explanation to it," she said, resuming her calm streak, "pregnancy is not the only explanation to a missed period."

"Two actually," I reminded her. Turning on the speaker, I tossed the phone on the bed and held my head in my hands. "The signs were there, the vomiting, the tiredness, the nausea, and now the cranky mood."

"I have been in this situation before and..."

"Oh, now you're ready to talk about that?" I snapped, cutting her short.

"Okay, I know you're going through something right now, but that does not mean you get to be bitchy to me bess," Celine warned. "Also yes. thanks to Alexander, I'm almost over it."

"I know, I'm sorry. Just these hormones flying everywhere."

She sighed in her acceptance of my apology, "tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know, just general pregnancy fears"

"You don't want a child?" she sounded surprised.

"Of course I do, I do with every fiber of my being..."

"But?"

"What if Lucas doesn't"

She chuckled, "that does not even make any sense. The same man that would do anything for his twins, who in your words asked about having kids with you?"

"I know, I know," I said, feeling stupid for even thinking that way.

"Besides, we both know Lucas is not some jerk who would just leave you to face this by yourself. After Alex, he's the most responsible man I know. That man loves you, so would you stop making these silly assumptions?"

"I just don't know. I'm supposed to be happy, but the uncertainty of this is even real is killing me. What if what you said is true, there could be another rational reason for this."

"That might be true but you wouldn't know if you don't take a test."

"Ha, right," I scoffed, "a test." That would only be possible if Lucas would even do so much as let me out of his sight for an hour.

It didn't matter that the house was now bombarded with at least three times as much security, Lucas had everyone locked in. And if there was a cause for going out, it had to be with awkward security trailing along. It was infuriating and at this point, I could not wait to go back home. Only one more day left.

"Maybe I should sneak out and get a test done."

"You will do no such thing," 'Celine said. Did I forget to mention she was just as strict after finding out Sarah was released too? "That bitch is free and I'm not taking chances."