A trip

Lucas kissed my forehead with his arms wrapped possessively around me. I lay on the mattress next to him, savoring the chance to breathe his spicy scent in after what felt like ages. Okay, it was only a few days, but I missed him anyway, terribly. And I did not realize the fact until now.

Lucas missed me too, I could tell that much from the way he clung to me, unwilling to let go since we laid out our issues.

A part of me screamed how wrong it was to let Lucas off so easily, and maybe I was foolish for doing so, but I was not without my faults in this. Lucas and I had been fighting longer than we had actually been dating. I was tired of the ups and downs and I was not about to toss my chance at fixing our relationship in the garbage.

He would not hurt me again, I was sure of it.

We had agreed though, that it was better to hold off the more intimate parts of our relationship for a while. In clearer terms, I was not ready yet to delve back into the world of orgasms with Lucas yet.

I had forgiven him but it would take some time to trust him completely again. For now, his reassuring arms were enough to make me feel better.

"This feels good," I mumbled against his chest.

"I missed you Muffin," he said in a tone that made me realize he was thinking again. "I thought you had left me forever, God the thought drove me crazy a few times."

I understood what he meant because being away from him was just as crazy. "If I'm being honest, I contemplated the option a few times," I titled my head, so I could see his face, "but you should understand that I will always come back to you."

"Even when I'm cocking things up between us?"

"I know you don't do so on purpose Lucas," my fingers grazed his chin before I pressed a small kiss on his lips.

"Still..."

"I don't want to draw up the past," I said before he continued in his self-guilt. "What I want to do is move forward with you, and the twins."

His jaw ticked as he spoke about the kids. "I hate the look in Abby's eyes today, I've never seen my daughter so fucking terrified and it tears me apart whenever I remember it." his eyes burned with rage.

"I hate it too Lucas, but the only thing we can do to help Abby is to make sure she never comes back into their lives, at least for now," I said carefully.

"The divorce has been finalized," no matter how many times he said that it would always make my heart flutter because their divorce meant that Lucas was now mine, mine alone. "she no longer has any ties to them and if she had any shame, Sarah ould stay away."

I wanted to remind him that Sarah was one of those people who could not feel any shame for their actions, but held that thought back, "I'm just glad our lives are finally coming together again. Lucas I really don't ever want to fight with you again."

"Me neither, and I will work to keep that promise this time,"

'I'm holding you to it."

"In the light of making everything right between us again," Lucas said with sudden calmness that left me worried. "I have to tell you something Muffin."

I was sitting g up in a second, "tell me..." I demanded, fighting to keep my mind from exploring possibilities of what he could possibly want to tell me.

"We really have so much trust rebuilding to do," he chuckled and sat next to me.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, "the last few days have just been so filled with bad news, I feel like every time someone wants to tell me something, it's bad news."