The twins

After savoring the beauty of the room, I put my clothes in the closet, took a bath, and put on some fresh clothes. I called Celine to let her know I had arrived safely, before heading downstairs as Mia had asked.

As I stepped out of the elevator, I could hear the loud excited voices of Aiden and Abigail, coming from the other side of the hallway. It was my first day and I would still need a few days to be able to find my way without getting lost.

Following the sound, I walked down to the source and was led to one of the largest kitchens I had ever seen. The space between the island in the middle and the refrigerator alone was enough to fit my entire kitchen back at home.

On the counter, Aiden and Abigal sat, each of them dressed in blue and pink aprons respectively, and a large white toque hat each. They looked really funny and I could not help but smile as I watched them argue about who helped Mia make dinner most. Mia was standing at the counter next to a bowl Mac and cheese, with a tray of chicken nuggets in her hand. Another woman who I had never met before stood next to the kids on the counter pouring a mixture into a cupcake pan.

"Aunt Mia," Abigail whined, "Aiden said I didn't help make dinner."

"Aiden, you know that's not true," Mia said as she put the tray in the oven.

"But I read the recipe for you aunt," Aiden frowned, holding up a piece of paper in his small hand.

"I read too," Abigail added, also frowning, and crossing her hand across her chest.

I leaned on the door, as I watched them go back and forth about all the things they helped do. I was sure, none of them had noticed my presence yet until Mia turned to join them on the Island. When she saw me, she just smiled and continued to where the kids sat.

"Well I think you both did a great job helping me make dinner, and for that, I have a surprise for you."

"Suprise?" they yelled in excitement.

"Yes sweetie, but first, I want you to close your eyes. Can you do that for me?" she asked as she brushed Abigail's hair from her face.

They nodded happily and did as Mia said, putting their hands over their eyes. She beckoned to me from the door to come over, and I walked in to join her on the island.

"Okay kids, you can open your eyes after you count one to three."

"Okay," they said in unison, "1...2...3..." they counted and uncovered their eyes.

"You came back," Abigail said cheerfully, at the same time Aiden said "it's you," They both giggled happily as they saw what the surprise was. And I could not help but smile too.

"Yes," I replied to both their questions as they hugged me.

"So you're going to be our nanny now?" Abigail asked almost jumping off the island in excitement.

"Yes Abby, she's going to be our nanny," Aiden said before I could reply. "right?" he looked at me with wide expectant eyes.

I looked at Mia, and she gave me a reassuring smile to go on. "That's right, I'm going to be your nanny now."

Another wave of excitement passed them as I said I was going to be their nanny. Followed by a wave of questions.

"Will you look at my new dollhouse?"

"Do you want to see my lab?"

"Will we build another Dollhouse?"

They rattled off the questions one by one until Mia intervened. "Okay kids, don't you think we should let Chris settle in for the evening, and tomorrow she can do all of those things with you."