42 - Corbyn Besson ( Why Don't We )

" I'll be here for you, always. Okay? I'll be here, " he whispers to me. That's the main thing he always said to me, throughout everything he was always there for me. He's my best friend, and I fell in love with him. How lame is that? Falling in love with someone you obviously don't deserve. But hey that's the classic story right? Him not feeling the same, and you being in love with him. It's the classic story, the classic story that I'm stuck in. 

I should move on, I should, but I can't. He's my best friend, and I'm in love with him. And I have to deal with that, I have too. But I'm currently writing an EP, and a song about him will be on it. I've written many songs about him, does he know the songs are about him? No, of course not, that would ruin our friendship. 

Other than Corbyn, Jack is my best friend. Many thought we would get together eventually, but no him and I are only friends. We've already been each other's support systems. 

We all having a good time when he grabbed a hold of me pulling me away from our friends towards the kitchen. He's out of it. I should probably take him home. I did drink so I'm going to get us an Uber. And my car is at his house. I told Franny that I was taking him home, and we headed to his place. 

We arrived at his house, and I brought him into his house, up to his room. " Man bubs, I know the album is something to celebrate about but you went all in, " I tell him chuckling lightly. He smiles towards me, and grabs a hold of me and pulls me closer to him. Which my breath hitches realizing how close we are to one another. " Hey Corbs, " I whisper. 

" You have pretty eyes, " he whispers. 

" Thanks bubs, " I mutter. Shortly after that he pulled me ever closer to where I was straddling him, which I know I've had drinks because I wouldn't be doing this if I was sober. 

" Kiss me, " he whispers. I looked at him as he looks at me. 

" Corbyn, " I whisper back to him, not wanting to believe he just said that. 

" Kiss me, " he whispers again. I begin to lean in, and he leans in as well and we begin to kiss. It became to become more intense, and I moved us down on the bed. He begins to move his down to the hem of my shirt and began to take it off. We continue kissing, and I take his shirt off as well, and he moves us so I am laying on the bed and he's hovering over me. 

" Corbyn, " I whisper, he stops leaning in and looks at me. " As much as I want this to happen, as I much as I enjoy it. We can't, " I add. I get under him beginning to grab my shirt but he stops me. 

" Y/n, " he tells me. 

" Corbyn I'm not going to be your drunk mistake. I'm not going to be your drunk mistake, " I comment. 

" It wouldn't, it wouldn't be a mistake, " he tells me getting up and grabbing a hold of my face. 

" You're drunk, I'm drunk. Neither of us are thinking straight, I'm not letting you do something that you'll regret in a matter of hours. I care about you too much, I love you too much to do that, " I say looking at him with sad eyes. I want this I do, but not like this. Not when we're both drunk. He leans in and kisses me again and I do kiss back but I move my hands towards his chest and lightly push him away. " Not like this Corbyn, not like this, " I mutter towards him.  

" Y/n, " he tells me again. 

"  We can't, not when I've been in love with you for so long. I'm not going to put myself through that pain, " I tell him. " And I'm not going to put you through that pain, " I add. 

" Wait... you're in love with me? " He asks, I move away from him in pure shock. I just admitted how I feel. 

" I need to go, " I tell him backing even more away. 

" Wait! Y/n! Y/N! " He screams, I just run out putting on my shirt and grabbing my things and leaving. 

I don't know how I got home, but I did. I think Franny came and got me. But I'm not sure, all I know is once I got home I started writing. And I only know that, because I woke up the next morning surrounded with about 10 to 12 songs. I went downstairs to be greeted by Franny and Nezza sitting on my couch. " Y/n, " Franny tells me, I collapse to the ground and begin crying and the two of them run over to me. Both instantly comforting me, they I don't think truly know what happened. Or maybe they do. 

Corbyn's P.O.V. 

I woke and just groaned from what I drank the night before. I knew I should have drank more water. I look at my phone to see the time, and it's 1:45. And we have to be at Daniel's soon. So I need to get up. I sit up and am greeted by Jonah. " What did I do? " I ask him. " You only do that when I did something, " I add. He holds up a pair of shoes, and I know those shoes from anywhere. Those are Y/n's. 

" She's not here, so when and why did she leave? " Jonah asks. Did she drive home? 

" Is her car here? " I ask, he shakes his head. I get my phone and call her. " Come Y/n pick up, pick up, " I mutter to myself. 

" Hello? " It's Franny. 

" Franny? Where's Y/n? " I ask her. 

" In the shower, what's wrong? " She asks. 

" Her car isn't here, did she drive home? " I ask. 

" No I drove her, " she tells me. I sigh lightly. " Do you remember anything from last night? " She asks me, oh God what did I do? 

" What did I do? " I ask her worried because it might be bad. 

" You... oh God, okay... I'm not the person you should be talking to about it, " she comments.

" Franny what did I do? " I ask her again. 

" You told her to kiss you, " she tells me. Kiss me  " So she did, " she adds. " Kiss me, " I whisper towards her. She begins to lean in, and so do I and we begin to kiss. It became to become more intense, and she moved us down on the bed. I move my hands down, and I start to take her shirt off. We continue kissing, and she takes my shirt off as well, and I moved us so I was hovering over her and we- " Corbyn, " Franny interrupts. 

" I'm coming over, " I tell her. 

" I don't know if that's the best idea, " she tells me. 

" I have too, okay... I remember. I need to talk to her, " I comment. 

So I got ready, and I went over. And I got in, and Franny must have left. Because it was just Y/n, there she was sitting on her couch with her sad blanket. " Why did you leave after I told you to wait? " I ask her, she looks up at me. 

" Corbyn, " she mutters. I walk over to her and sit next to her. " Because okay, I admitted to you that I was in love with you. I had to leave, and I didn't want to see you rejecting me, I wish you didn't remember it, " she adds. I grab a hold of her moving her to look at me. 

" You never let me talk, you really need to work on that, " I tell her. She smiles lightly. " There's that beautiful smile, " I add. " I love you too, " I tell her. 

" Do you love me? Or are you in love with me? Because there's a difference, " she says quickly, I grab a hold of her pulling her in and kiss her. 

After we kiss I lean away from her. " I'm in love with you, I've been in love with you, " I tell her, she smiles lightly towards me. " And when I said it wouldn't have been a mistake, it wouldn't have been a mistake. But I'm glad hat we didn't do it, because I want to fully remember when we do that together for the first time, " I add. She nods towards me and chuckles. 

" You have to make sure I say yes to a date first, " she jokes, which only caused me to start laughing. I grabbed a hold of her and started tickling her. I ended up tackling her onto her couch and hovering over her. 

" Do you want to go on a date with me on Friday night? " I ask. She nods towards me. I lean down and kiss her, and she starts kissing back. 

It only took me several years, but I got her. And I'm so glad I finally did.