60 - Oliver Wood ( Harry Potter )

I was doing some studying with Hermione Granger while quidditch practice was going on. The Weasley boys like me here, because they say that Wood goes easier on them if I'm here. I'm not sure why, they didn't tell me. But I don't know, Wood and I have been friends since my first year. I'm a year under him, which means I'm a young above the twins. 

Her and I are looking over my potions notes, she always likes looking at the harder stuff. She's only in year 1 and she's already smarter than half of the kids in my grade. I think that's why she likes studying with me, because I am top of my class. " So what potion do you really want to learn? " Hermione asks me. 

" Amortentia, " I tell her lightly chuckling. 

" Why? " She asks me. 

" I don't know, I think it would be interesting to see who I smell, " I comment to her, she slowly nods towards me. 

" I don't know, that doesn't really interest me, " she comments. 

" It will in the future, you're 12, you don't need to worry about it, " I tell her, she gives me a nod. I looked up, and saw Wood talking to the boys, Weasley twins and Harry. So it looks like practice just ended. 

" You know, Oliver definitely has a crush on you, " she whispers to me as we begin to collect our things. Which that caught me off guard. 

" What? " I ask her in complete shock. 

" Oliver, he likes you, he definitely likes you, I can tell. He's always looking over at you, and when we're in the Great Hall he's always trying to sit by you, " she comments. 

" Sounds a whole lot Ron and you, " I tell her. 

" What?! " She asks me. 

" Oliver and I have been friends since I came to Hogwarts, " I tell her looking at him. " Him and I, happening, that's written in books we read of best friends ending up together. Not in real life, " I add. 

" Maybe sometimes fairytales are suppose to be true, " she tells me as we begin to walk down to meet the boys. 

" Maybe.. I want an invite to Ron and your wedding when it happens, " I joke with her. 

" I want the same for you two, " she jokes back, which causes me to laugh. 

" What are you two lovely ladies laughing about? " Oliver asks us. 

" Nothing, just girl stuff, nice job by the way, " I comment towards him. 

" Well thank ya, we've been working hard. We're going to win the cup this year, " he comments towards me, he wants to win the cup so badly. Hopefully we can, it would be nice. He tries to lean in, and I stop him. " What? " He asks. 

" I love ya Wood, but I'm not hugging your smelly person, " I tell him. He stands there upset, which causes me to laugh. " Come on Mione, we can go look for something to read. Meet us in the library, " I tell Hermione, and then the rest of the boys. 

We're now in the library, and I don't think the boys are going to be meeting us. Hermione went to go find another book, saying something about learning all about the founders of Hogwarts. I feel someone behind me lingering over my shoulder, instantly knowing it's Wood. 

I turn around, and he locks me in my seat by placing his hands on the arm rests. " You seriously wouldn't give me a hug earlier? " He asks me, which causes me to chuckle. " Why are you laughing? " He asks. 

" Oliver you legit just got out of quidditch practice, where even in practice you give 110 percent in everything you do. If it's practice, the game, plays, anything. And you were massively sweaty, " I comment. " I'll give you one now, " I add. He gives me a nod, and he moves in and we hug. 

Oliver and I have always been close since we met back in my first year. He's my best friend, and maybe there are a little bit of feelings between the two of us. But currently we're only best friends. We've almost kissed a few times before, but we've never had a moment where we actually kissed. Truly I don't think him and I would ever you know, kiss. It's a fairytale. 

As the year went on Oliver and I continued on having sweet moments with each other, come on we're best friends. It wasn't until the end of the year that things began to change between the two of us. We were a whole lot flirter, we acted like a couple pretty much. It was weird for me, but I guess feelings were growing between us. Or at least on my end they were growing. 

Now it's the end of the year, and we're at the end of the year feast. " And finally it takes a grant deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies. But a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom, " Dumbledore comments. " Gryffindor wins the house cup! " Dumbledore states, we all begin to cheer and Oliver grabs a hold of me and kisses me which that truly did catch me off guard. 

" I'm sorry I- " he begins, I cut him off by kissing him back. And we kiss for several seconds before pulling away from each other. " I like you, " I tell him, he looks at me in shock. 

" I like you too Y/l/n, " he mutters. 

I chuckle towards him, and hug him. We finally won the house cup, which is overall probably one of the best things ever. I'm just so happy about it, now Oliver and I will have to talk about stuff with the two of us, but I think it's going to be good. So maybe more will come out of this year, and I'm kinda hoping they do.