99 - Colby Brock ( Sam and Colby )

She came in, in full distress. And I immediately ran up to her to make sure she was okay, and she just broke down in tears as I held her. She's been my best friend since Kansas, and we've always been close. Everyone in high school thought we were together, even fans now still think we're together. 

She's someone who I will always care about no matter what, she's one of the girls I will know for the rest of my life. We've talked about how our children will know who we are, that's how serious we are when it comes to our friendship. 

" What happened? " I whisper to her, she still is in a lost of words. She hasn't spoken since she came in, and that was about 2 hours ago. We're away from everybody in my room, and I'm trying to comfort her and get her to be comfortable to talk to me about what happened. 

" He hit me, " she whispers, I immediately begin to stand up and she instantly grabs my hand and violently beings to shake her head. " No... please, please don't leave me Colby, " she whispers. I sit back down by her and she lays down on my lap. 

" Talk to me when you're ready okay? " I tell her, which she slowly nods to me. She's exhausted, her boyfriend... asshole of a boyfriend who doesn't even deserve to have her. He's been from what I can tell from what she tells me, he's been a complete monster lately. She's moved so that the back of her head is on my lap, and she's looking up at me. 

" He got mad, and I don't know if it was from work and he brought it home. But he came into the apartment, and he looked at the pasta I was making for him. And he hit me, saying it wasn't the pasta he wanted. He didn't even react, like he didn't feel bad. He just... he just looked at me in complete shock, and he smirked like he was proud of what he had done, " she cries. Which I just comfort her, stroking her head as she continues to talk to me. " And... and so I broke up with him, and collected my things. And he threatened to do it again, but before he could I ran out... I'm scared Colby, he knows where I live, " she adds. 

" You're staying here tonight, we'll protect you, " I tell her, she slowly nods towards me. I don't know how an amazing girl like her ends up being with so trashy guys. She deserves the best guy in the world, she's absolutely amazing in every way possible. She deserves a guy who knows how to treat her right, and will give her the world. Because that's what she deserves. She deserves the world. 

I hear someone open my door, and instantly sit up and look to see Y/n standing at my door. I didn't have to speak, I just nodded towards her. And she immediately came walking over to my bed, and laying down next to me. I moved over so I'm laying on my back, and she moves and lays down on me. " You're safe with me, " I whisper quietly to her. " You'll always be safe with me, " I then whisper, which all I hear is her hum. Before she falls to sleep. 

The next morning I woke up before her, and she was still sleeping soundly. I can see that her cheeks are red from her crying last night. I just lay in my place as she continues to sleep. I begin to shift, and I see her pick up her head. " Sorry... did I wake you up? " I ask her, she slowly shakes her head. She sits up and lays her head on my shoulder. 

" You remember when we kissed? " I ask her, she picks up her head and looks at me. 

" Yes I do... why are you bringing it up? That happened... years ago, " she tells me. 

" Do you think about it? " I ask, she looks away from me and I grab a hold of her chin moving her to look back at me. " Do you? " I ask. 

" Sometimes it crosses my mind, come on you were my first kiss. So obviously sometimes it does cross my mind, " she tells me, I completely forgot that. That was her first kiss. " You... and, shit... " she mutters she gets up walking away from me and I get up following her. 

" Why are you getting so flustered? I was just wondering, you know... " I begin, she turns to me and watches as I try to come up with a sentence that doesn't include me admitting that I have always had that as a permit memory. 

" Watch out! " I yell, I grab a hold of her pulling her towards my chest, so she wouldn't fall 3 stories down. " Are you okay? " I ask her, she looks up at me, and slowly nods. I am moving her hair out of her face to make sure she was fully okay. She grabbed a hold of my cheek, which caused me to stop and look at her. 

" No one has to know, "  she says quietly to me, I slowly nod, and lean in and kiss her, and she quickly kisses me back. 

" Why did you say 'no one has to know' that day? " I ask her. The truth is finally coming out. Or I'm finally having the conversation with her. 

" Colby... " I cut her off walking up to her, which causes her to walk backwards into the wall. " I don't know, okay... you literally probably saved my life in that moment. And I knew you had recently started liking Lily. So, so I thought if I don't know Colby... I was a 16 year old who had never kissed anybody before, and you were my best friend, " she tells me going into this full rant of what she's feeling. " But I haven't been able to stop thinking about that kiss, stop thinking about you since then. And I've tried and tried and tried to move on, but I never can. I'm always still hooked on you for some God damn reason, and all I want is to be happy. And you keep clouding my thoughts, and I don't know what to do with them! " She yells towards me. 

" Kiss me, " I tell her, she looks at me and her facial expression changes. " Kiss me, get your frustration out through kissing me, kiss- " before I even finished my sentence her lips are against mine. And for the first time since she was 16 and I was 17 we've kissed. It was filled with a ton of emotions, but not just from her, but from me also. 

I pulled away, and she just stares at me in shock. " Go out with me, " she comments. " After... after I fully recovery from my breakup, go out with me, " she adds. I give her a nod. 

" I will, " I tell her. 

I waited a while until she was fully ready, and then eventually I was able to call her mine.