53 - Fred Weasley ( Harry Potter )

" I'm seeing her in a different light, like why did I never realize how beautiful she was? " I quickly ask towards George. 

" I still can't believe it, you're into Y/n. That's insane, we've known her since- well since forever. We were practically raised together, " George tells me. 

" George yes I'm aware of that, but seriously it was like I woke up and I saw her in this new light, " I tell him, I've never in my life have felt this way about her. We've always been friends, she's my best friend. 

" What are you two weirdos talking about? " Y/n asks appearing out of nowhere. Which caught me off guard. " You alright Freddie? " She asks touching my bicep. I nod towards her, just trying to keep my calm. 

" We have a test in potions today, he's kinda nervous about it, " George tells her, which thankfully he did cause I was starting to lose it. 

" Oh don't worry about it, I bet it's going to be fine. I believe in you Freddie, " she comments, which I just simply smile at her. She's been messing with me lately, seeing her it just- she makes me feel things. 

It was always the three of us, she's always been there in our life. Mum and dad went to school with her mum and dad. While my parents were in Gryffindor her mum was in Gryffindor and her dad was in Ravenclaw. They were from what my parents would say 'the smartest couple you would ever meet in your life.' 

When we were younger our parents would always joke about us two getting together, but I always said gross or something like that because one she was a girl and two she was like my best friend. But now it's kinda like I would like the idea of the two of us being together. She's a-she's a great girl with an amazing heart. And she's absolutely beautiful, like the most beautiful girl you will ever see in your life. 

Maybe it's hormones or maybe it's just my brain and body finally realizing how beautiful she is. No one can deny how beautiful she is. Like even Draco will admit she's beautiful, of course he's always like 'I guess she's pretty for a Gryffindor' or something like that. But she's gorgeous and another thing, she has options. Why would she pick me, when she has better options? 

Everyone has been more protective lately, we're in Dumbledore's Army, we're trying to be prepared for when You-Know-Who comes back. Of course, Cormac McLaggen is practically in love with her. And has been since they almost kissed. And so how McLaggen knows about my feelings towards her. She now he's trying to make me jealous, because in his words 'her and you are too close now. You missed your chance.' 

We heard a scream and instantly started running to the courtyard. There stood Y/n and Draco with their wands out, and Cho holding onto Colin. " What is wrong with you? " Y/n asks, Draco must have done something to Colin. " Colin are you alright? " She then asks him. He nods slowly, and Cho helps him stand up. " Goodness, truly you are the most idiotic person I have ever met in my life, " she mutters. 

" What did you call me? " He asks, oh God. 

" I called you idiotic, and you can't use an offensive term on me because I'm the same status as you. But the difference between you and I is that I care about other people. While you, you only care about yourself, it's sad it is. Because you could have been so good, and then your mind was, was corrupted. Blood status truly doesn't matter, " Y/n says beginning to go off. 

" Miss Y/l/n! " Umbridge screams. 

" I'm not done! " She screams back. Umbridge is taken about from her screaming. " Blood status truly doesn't matter, it never has and never will. And we're kids and being treated by animals. You treat all of us like nothing, yes I'm looking at you Umbridge and you Draco. And any other Slytherins that feel like they're entitled. But it goes to the same in the other houses who feel like they're entitled as well. No one cares if you have incest in your family. I clearly don't care, no one does, our greatest witches and wizards are muggleborns. Like look at Hermione, she's a genius, " she adds. 

" Miss Y/l/n if you speak another word! " Umbridge screams. 

" Dolores quiet! " McGonagall yells. 

" What are you going to do Umbridge? Hex me? We all know when the war comes, which it will, you'll be on his side. So will Draco, because of his mom. He would fight on our side, but he won't. Same with half of the Slytherins, we hate each other so much. And for what? Most of us want the same thing? We would You-Know-Who to not win. But we have teachers who believe we don't need to learn the spells to DEFEND ourselves. And we have a ministry of magic who thinks Dumbledore of all people is trying to steal his job. You-Know-Who has already placed fear into all of us. And Malfoy and Umbridge you're just as scared as me. But you're trying to hide your fear. Because the minute he is done with you, you'll be dead. And we'll attend your funeral, or I will, and I'll cry for Malfoy at least because he could have been saved, " she speaks. 

" Are you saying you wished me dead Miss Y/l/n? " Umbridge asks walking over to her. 

" No, you're already dead. You're just scared, cause you witches and wizards who are so much younger than you. And is so much more prepared for what's to come, " she says, she's right in her face now. 

" I'm telling your father, " Umbridge threats, which causes all of us to chuckle. " Why are you laughing, she's going to be getting in trouble! " Umbridge speaks. I try to speak but McGonagall stops me. 

" Dolores, who do you think taught her that? " McGonagall asks.

" My mother with my father's brain, go ahead tell him. He'll be proud that I'm speaking my mind and my truth, " she says smiling. 

" Everyone leave, Umbridge and I need to talk, " McGonagall says. All of us begin to walk away, and I instantly grab a hold of Y/n swinging her around. 

" That was amazing! " I tell her. 

" I didn't even know where that came from, it just all came out! " She chuckles, she couldn't stop smiling. " Man I feel like I could do anything, like I'm on a high right now! " She adds. I placed her down, and held her there. " Fred... " she begins. 

" Yeah? " I ask her. 

" Just kiss me already, " she comments chuckling. I give her a shocked look and she chuckles again. " Kiss me, " she adds. And in a quick motion, I grabbed a hold of her and kissed her. Now of course it wasn't an intense kiss or anything like that. But that was our first kiss of many. How did I know she was going to make the first move. 

All that matters now is that she's mine, and I get to call her mine and no one else does expect me. And everyone is jealous, cause I got her. Which I'm so happy I did.