⇛ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝟏 𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟏

two best friends, one, a girl with long light brown wavy hair and the other, a boy with a dark brown — almost auburn — hair colour, pushed large trolleys full of luggage that would last them a year. their faces were full of life, eyes squinted, cheeks raised as they hurried through king's cross station and towards platforms nine and ten. they were being followed by the boy's parents, mr and mrs zhong who were going to see them off to their first year at hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.

"chenle, i swear if you don't hurry up right now, we're going to miss the train." the girl said, trying not to run further ahead, but his sluggish pace was frustrating her by the second.

"yunhee's right. you kids don't want to be late on your first day at hogwarts!" mrs zhong called after them, coming to a leisurely stop. she had a naturally kind face with a bright smile and a very motherly aura to her, so the said girl, yunhee, always felt welcome.

"but muggles are so fascinating... fine." chenle sighed, admitting defeat. he pushed the large trolley in front of him towards the brick wall between platforms nine and ten. "to platform nine and three quarters."

"you went to a muggle primary school. why are you still shocked?" yunhee asked.

"there are so many weird things i've never seen before."

he looked around at the ceiling, the floor, the trains and the ordinary people going about their day without having a second thought about the wizards and witches among them. there was nothing particularly interesting to look at. he was just being — well, dramatic — yunhee supposed would be the most fitting word.

the girl shook her head at the boy then looked over her shoulder at his mum who was silently watching their interactions.

"so, we just run through the—" she began to ask, but before she could even finish her sentence, chenle ran straight through the brick wall, yelling on his way. his yell was cut off so she ended up laughing at how funny it was. "nevermind."

"go on, dear." his mum urged, jutting her head to where he had run into.

the brunette didn't wait any longer and followed after her best friend. she felt a foreign feeling, it was hard to describe, but it was exactly what she imagined passing into a different world would feel like. at some point, she had shut her eyes so when she got to the other side, she crashed straight into another trolley.

"bloody hell, chenle. next time, move out— oh, you're not chenle."

yunhee stared at the boy with dark black hair and circle glasses and he stared back at her with wide, frightened eyes. there was something about him, something that told her he was different to any ordinary witch or wizard. it wasn't just that he looked like he had no idea where to go or what to do — probably raised by muggles — but she felt a sense of familiarity.

"no, sorry. i'm not." he replied, then hurried away to the train before she could catch his name.

she heard chenle's parents pass through the wall and moved away so the same accident wouldn't happen again.

"yunhee, mum, dad, come on!" chenle called from near the train, on his toes, and waving his arms around so that they would be able to find him over the large crowds of students and parents.

yunhee made her way over to him, excited, not only because she was finally going to hogwarts, but also because this would be her first time using a train. new experiences always excited her.

"i expect the train will be leaving in a few minutes. go get yourselves settled and buy lots of sweets. you have the money, right?" mrs zhong pulled her son into her arms, kissing his forehead. "and you'll write to us every week?"