⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟗

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟐𝟒 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

"it's nearly christmas, chenle. i hope you're safe out there and in a warm place." yunhee whispered to the pendant, from where she was laid down on the bed. "usually i would spend christmas with you and catch you up on whatever you missed. i'd tell you all my secrets and right now there's something i need to rant to you about. something happened, but i doubt you'll react well when i tell you, so if you're hearing this — wait then can the rest of you hear this too? i can't say it now."

"yes, yunhee, we can hear you." jeno said from the table he and mark were sitting at. things had slowly gone back to normal between them all. they didn't bring up what had happened because they were too focused on chenle leaving and trying to figure out how to destroy the horcrux.

"of course you can hear me because you're right next to me. i'm talking about the other four who aren't here. do you think they can hear me through this?"

"doubt it, but they'll be able to feel that you're trying to communicate." renjun replied as he tossed a bag over his shoulder. "we need to leave anyway. to godric hollow."

"i'm still against the idea of going to it. not only is it the place you-know-who expects us to go to the most, but chenle won't be able to ever find us if we move around so much."

"we're going to come back here and he will find us. i promise." he told her, holding his hand out. "come on. it's time to apparate."

"okay. i believe you."

she took his hand and so did mark and jeno. they apparated onto the middle of a road that was covered in snow and surrounded by houses with fairy lights. it was a beautiful sight.

"i missed the snow." yunhee said, trying to catch some snowflakes.

"you doing that reminds me of the time back in fourth year when we were in the courtyard discussing our dates for the yule ball." jeno sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"those were good times." renjun mumbled.
"and to think that back then our most stressful problem was finding a date and now..."

upon noticing the two downcast faces, yunhee hooked her arms with theirs and mark joined on the other side of jeno.

"guys i think it's christmas eve, so cheer up a little. listen, do you hear the people singing in the church?" she said, gesturing to the church ahead of them, but mark's eyes were set on something else.

"do you think they'd be in there? my parents?" mark asked, referring to the graveyard next to the church.

"we can check if you want." renjun said and he nodded.

they made their way over, checking all the names on the graves. an uneasy feeling settled in yunhee as she walked past all the graves. she hated going to graveyards because every time she visited one, it was to visit her sisters grave and it was so painful to do.

"jeno, what are you doing?" yunhee asked as he brushed away some snow.

"look, it's that symbol again." he told her, pointing to the triangle with a circle and line in the middle of it. they had seen the symbol on luna's father's neck and in some books. they were still trying to figure out what it meant.

"guys, come on." renjun called.

mark had already paid his respects to his parents grave and had seen an old woman watching them. they followed the woman as she wobbled down the road, leading them to a destroyed house.

"this is the house. the one where they died, where they were murdered." mark said then turned to the woman. "you're bathilda, aren't you?"

she wordlessly led them into the house and struggled to light a fire with a match. mark took over, lighting it for her as she stared at him, ominously.