⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟖

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟏𝟕 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

nearly a month had passed since chenle left and all yunhee could do was drown in panic and guilt. she often found herself crying over the fact that she had no idea where he was gone and their last conversation — more of an argument — was not a pleasant way to end things.

she had been holding her pendant in her palm, squeezing it for a long time. only when renjun placed a hand on her shoulder did she finally let go of it. she opened her hand, revealing blood that had been drawn from cuts made by her deathly tight grip on the pendant.

"yun..." he knelt next to her, taking her hand and pointing his wand at it. "episkey."

"thank you." she replied as the minor injuries and pain healed, soothing her.

"have you tried communicating with him using that?" he asked, pointing to the pendant. she shook her head. "try it."

she brought the pendant up to her lips, whispering, "come back to me." then squeezed it in her other hand once more before dropping it. "i don't think it will work."

"give it some time. he'll come back and if not he'll respond to let us know he's safe."

"i hope..."

there was a sudden crack sound that they recognised as the sound of someone apparating or disapparating. renjun stood up, taking his wand out as a precautionary.

"what the fuck?" a voice said.

"i think you summoned the wrong person." renjun said, tapping yunhee's shoulder.

"donghyuck?!" yunhee exclaimed, jumping up and running over to him. she wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him so tight that he had to pat her back to get her to let go.

"are you alright?" he asked, placing his hands on her arms, examining her for any injuries.

"i'm fine. i think." she replied.

"how are you here?" renjun asked.

"i was just clutching the pendant and then i heard your voice, yunhee. it was like i got electric shocked and an image of this place flashed in my mind. i thought you were in danger so i wasn't even thinking when i apparated here." he explained, holding up his necklace.

"i can do that? i can show you where i am?" yunhee asked, confused.

"i wasn't aware that that was possible." renjun said, furrowing his brows.

"wait. now that you know where we are, can you go back and bring jaemin and jisung with you?!" she asked and he dropped his hands from her arms.

"i can try... but i don't know if he will even want to leave his room." he replied.

"tell him i want to see him. please, i really need to." she begged and he nodded. he hated to see her in this state, so desperate to see the boy who would refuse to see her. but he couldn't tell her that. that would hurt her.

"i'll be back." he disapparated, leaving the two alone again.

yunhee bit her nails, anxiously waiting for his return as renjun rubbed her back.

"stop doing that." the ravenclaw said, tugging her fingers away from her mouth. "you've got pretty nails. don't ruin them."

"sorry. it's a bad habit. i hate it myself."

they waited around thirty minutes and then they heard the sound again. donghyuck had returned with jaemin and jisung. yunhee's hand flew to her mouth at the sight of her best friend. he was incredibly thin, his face was sunken in and he had prominent eyebags that made him look like a skeleton. it was scary to see how unhealthy he looked.