⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟖, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

"guys?"

"yeah, yunhee."

"a while ago, when we were in hiding, i found a cute cozy house in the middle of a beautiful meadow full of flowers. i want to live there — i mean, i know it's cheesy — but you guys are my best friends and i don't want to be separated from you ever again. so i was thinking... would you all like to move in with me?"

"i'd love to!" jeno exclaimed, taking her hand.

"i think it would be really nice." renjun said.

"i thought we made this plan already when we were kids, but it didn't include these lot." jisung mumbled.

"what he means is he'd love to." yunhee told the others as she slapped his back.

"then we're all moving in together? it's a promise?" chenle asked and at the nod of everyone's heads, he hugged mark.

but yunhee noticed something off about the gryffindor. his leg kept bouncing and he seemed deep in thought, biting his lip.

"mark? what's wrong?" she asked, snapping him out of his trance. he hadn't even realised chenle was hugging him.

"i— guys..." his voice was quivering and he looked like he was about to break down any second. "i won't be joining you all."

"what do you mean?" jaemin asked.

"i-i'm sorry..." he burst into tears, sending them all into panic mode. they huddled closer, trying to comfort him.

"why are you crying?" yunhee asked, wrapping her arms around him as jeno rubbed his back soothingly.

"i have t-to go somewhere and i'm not coming back." he said and only a few of them caught onto what he meant by that. the others were slightly confused.

"no. no! mark lee, you are not going to the forest!" renjun yelled, shaking mark's shoulders when yunhee let go of him.

"what the hell. you were going to go?!" donghyuck exclaimed.

"i have to! it's the only way for this to all end. you all know that as much as i do. you also know that there's a reason why i can hear the horcruxes and—"

"no. absolutely not! you're not going!" chenle interrupted.

"please don't make this any harder than it already is. i'm going and that's it." he stood up and they all followed, wanting to stop him, but he shook his head.

"i'll go with you." yunhee said, tears in her eyes.

"you have to stay. you can't—"

"no, we're going with you. we're doing this together. none of us are going to go through anything alone." renjun said, taking mark's hand.

"but we'll all die..." jaemin mumbled.

"at least we'll die together, right?" donghyuck said, smiling, despite having tears running down his face.

"you don't have to do this. you don't have to die because of me. this isn't right." mark pleaded.

"mark, we're your best friends and to be honest, going out with my best friends sounds kinda cool. i wouldn't want it any other way." jeno said, shrugging.

"this isn't right..." mark said then turned to yunhee. "yun, you won't ever get that house in the meadows with the flowers you were just talking about."

"that doesn't matter now. i've made my decision. i'm going with you."

"there's really no stopping you guys, huh?"