⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒

on both days when tragic events occurred: mark falling during quidditch resulting in a broken broom, and him finding out that sirius black was his parent's friend when he betrayed them, it had been extremely cold and eerie.

𝟖 𝐧𝐨𝐯 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐫𝐲𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟.

after mark was taken to the hospital wing and presented with the destroyed nimbus 2000, the hufflepuff duo, who had been anxious the whole time, sat on his bed, questioning him.

"what should we do with the shattered pieces of the broom?" yunhee asked, swinging her legs off the side of his hospital bed.

"should we get rid of it?" jeno asked, clutching the pieces that were wrapped up in some paper wrapping.

"no!" mark exclaimed, his voice raised, startling everyone. "don't throw it out. just don't. i'll keep it."

"okay, we won't do anything with it. jeno, leave it by his bed." yunhee told him. "anyway, how are you feeling, mark? lightheaded? do you need water?"

"no." he shook his head as he adjusted himself under the blanket. "i'm alright. but what about you and chenle?"

"us? why would we not be okay?" chenle asked, tilting his head to the side.

"i mean because hufflepuff won. you two, even jeno, must be happy." he said and the duo glanced at each other, frowning.

yunhee faced the injured boy again. "it's whatever. i'm not that interested in quidditch. mark, we're more worried about you."

"i'm fine, really."

he was trying his best to convince them, but deep down he was mortified by the fact that gryffindor had lost the match, and on top of that, his broom was broken. he shook his head again, disregarding the constant thoughts that kept popping up.

"don't beat yourself up over what happened today." renjun said, picking up on his habit of shaking his head every time he was thinking of something he didn't like.

"i'm not." the gryffindor argued, despite knowing that his friend could read him like a book.

"i can tell what you're thinking. i'm not dumb."

"well, obviously. you're a ravenclaw." yunhee said, rolling her eyes.

renjun elbowed her softly, a teasing smirk on his lips. "not all ravenclaw's are smart, but if you really want to go by that logic... hmm... what was it the sorting hat said to you, not really a ravenclaw?"

she could feel her whole face turn a bright red as she grabbed his shoulders, shaking him.

"y-you heard that?! no, more importantly, you remember that?!"

"i didn't hear it. i had already been sorted. someone told me." he laughed at the same time as another person, but the other laugh was loud and dolphin-like. definitely familiar.

she looked at her best friend who laughed even more at her flustered face. she leaned over mark, smacking the laughing boy on the back of his head.