⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓𝟏

𝟏𝟗 𝐣𝐚𝐧 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖

"what? why?" she asked, finally looking up at him. the others had stopped their yelling to see what was going on as well. jisung seemed angry. his hands, which were placed on the table, turned into fists.

"please. let's talk outside." he said and left first to wait for her.

she glanced at donghyuck and jaemin who just shrugged their shoulders, not knowing what it was about either. she stepped outside and found jisung waiting against a tree with his arms crossed.

"what changed?" he asked.

"um... what?"

"you said i'm still the same jisung and that you wouldn't look at me any different yet you're acting so distant and cold right now. so what changed?"

"wait. don't misunderstand. it's not that—" she started to say. she hadn't thought that he might take her sudden actions in that way. she wasn't really thinking at all.

"then help me understand why you're treating me so differently."

"it's because..."

"because?" he pressed, using his leg to push himself off the tree and walk closer to her.

"if you let me speak then i'll explain!" she said, walking back as he walked forwards, glaring. he could tell she was clearly trying to avoid answering.

"yunhee, you're really hurting me." he muttered.

"okay! okay!" she held her hands up. "it's because that night, when you were last here, i was awake! i woke up just before you confessed to me, so i heard it all. that's why. okay?"

"what?" he dropped his arms from where they were crossed on his chest.

"you thought i was asleep, but i wasn't. i was awake so i heard what you said. i panicked and continued pretending to sleep until i actually fell asleep when you left. and then i panicked again today because i didn't know how to act." she rambled, walking back till she hit a tree behind her.

"you heard every word?" he asked and she nodded. he sighed loudly and walked closer till he was right in front of her. "so?"

"w-what?" she tried to lean as far back into the tree as she could, but of course it didn't work. she was stuck. she was really wishing that she had been having her usual seer dreams so she could've avoided this.

"what's your response?"

"i..." she trailed off as he placed two fingers on her chin, tilting her face up. for a moment she thought it was going to be the same as what happened to her and mark, but he suddenly moved away.

"forget it." he said, shaking his head. he turned around and started walking away. yunhee got over the shock quickly and felt herself burning in anger.

"hey! park jisung!" she stormed after him, grabbing his arm and jerking him back. "you don't get to do and say stuff like that and then just walk away!"

"what?"

"you have your feelings that you've already expressed, but i have feelings too! you don't get to mess around with mine like that." she shouted, her chest rising quickly.

"then what are you feeling, right now?" he asked, his voice getting quieter.

"angry."

"why?" he asked, coldly. he didn't turn around to look at her. he didn't want to because he knew he would break his facade if he did.

"because all you boys do is mess with my heart and it's not fair!"

at that, he spun around, an even intenser glare in his eyes. "boys?"