⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟑

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟏𝟗 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔

"yunhee, you look awful."

"thanks, donghyuck." the said girl replied, resting her head on her bag.

"what he means is you look worn out." jaemin said.

the three were hanging out in the library since yunhee couldn't find her other friends and was too tired to go walking around the castle.

"i'm fine. just tired." she told them. "anyway, jaemin, who are you taking to the christmas party?"

"oh... well, i was thinking... maybe you could be my date? i mean i know how much you love party's, especially christmas ones, so—" he said and her face lit up. she jumped out of her seat, holding onto his hands so they were clasped together.

"really?! can i? i'd love to!"

"yeah, definitely. i was really hoping you'd say yes." he replied, watching her smile brighten more — if that was even possible.

"that sly bastard." donghyuck muttered, getting up and walking over to one of the bookshelves so he wouldn't have to hear their conversation.

"i just know going with you will be awesome." yunhee said and jaemin couldn't help but feel butterflies in his stomach.

"what now?"

"oh, hey, jeno." jaemin greeted the boy who had appeared behind yunhee. his butterflies were gone as quick as they had come.

"hey. what's happening and why is yunhee holding your hands like she's about to say a prayer?" the other asked.

"i'm going to the christmas party after all." yunhee told him, letting go of jaemin. "also, where were you? i couldn't find anyone."

"mark was with professor slughorn, chenle and renjun are in the astronomy tower and i've actually been here the whole time."

"you have? what were you doing here?"

"you see that girl over there?" he pointed towards a girl with messy black hair sat on her own while smiling. "that's haeun. she's been trying to smuggle me a love potion. she's absolutely obsessed. i came here to hide, but she's here too!"

he quickly ducked behind jaemin when haeun turned to face them. yunhee waved at the girl, trying to distract her while jeno crawled to a place where he was completely out of view.

"a love potion? those are dangerous." jaemin said, moving to the next table and yunhee following so they were all away from the girl.

"i know. that's why i'm trying to avoid her as much as possible."

"uh. why is she coming this way? what is she doing?" jaemin asked when haeun got up and headed their way.

"bye." jeno whispered, crawling under the table.

"hi. you're yunhee, right?" haeun asked and yunhee nodded her head. "you're friends with jeno, as well?"

"yeah...? is something wrong?"

"i have some advice for you." she said, leaning a bit closer and placing her hands on the table. "stay away from jeno. i have my eyes on him."

the girl turned around to walk away expecting yunhee not to say anything back, but then she stood up, tugging on the girl's clothes.

"and who are you to tell me to stay away from my best friend?" yunhee scoffed. "just because you have an infatuation with him, doesn't mean you get to order around people close to him. you're weird and i suggest you stay away from him."