⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟏

𝐧𝐨𝐯 𝟐𝟓 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

"can't believe you went for that disgrace." a slytherin jeered, dropping the latest newspaper on the table in front of mark.

confused, he picked it up to read its contents. his eyes widened at the moving picture of yunhee throwing her arms around him and him resting his chin on top of her head in response. the newspaper made it out to seem like a romantic interaction, when actually it was completely platonic and because yunhee was worried for her friend.

"shit. i shouldn't let her see this." he muttered to himself.

"see what?" chenle asked, taking a seat next to mark. he showed him the paper in his hands and chenle, too, was surprised. "all the girls are going to treat her badly again. this isn't good."

"again?" mark asked and chenle nodded his head.

"last time, they got jealous of her being close with jeno." he said, rolling the newspaper up to hide it.

"i think i heard about that, but i didn't realise it was yunhee."

"yeah, it was terrible because it was around the time jisung ditched us. she was already upset because of it, but jeno was good to her. eventually, people mistook their friendship as something else and jealousy took over." chenle explained, glancing at the great halls door. "speaking of which... there's jeno and renjun."

he waved the two older boys over and they happily took their seats in front of them, not knowing about what was currently going on.

"anyone seen yunhee today?" renjun asked.

"you don't think... she's heard about everything?" chenle turned to mark with a frown.

"i hope not." he replied, watching the doors to see if she had entered yet.

"fill us in." jeno said, knocking on the table to get their attention. chenle slid the newspaper in his direction to read it. him and renjun, both, had the exact same reaction as chenle and mark.

"should we go find her?" mark asked, worried that she had seen the paper already or someone else had informed or pestered her about it.

"wait. i think i see her over there." renjun said, pointing towards the doors.

"blimey. look at the way everyone's staring at her. she must be so uncomfortable." jeno voiced, standing up. "i'm going to get her and bring her here."

"good idea."

he walked over to the hufflepuff girl who's eyes were all over the place, confused by the sudden attention from all the students, especially the houses that weren't slytherin.

"oh, hey, jeno." she greeted, wearing her usual bright smile.

"good morning, yun. we're sitting over there." he pointed to the others who waved at her. "i was worried you wouldn't spot us from here. come on."

she trailed behind him, passing students that watched her like hawks. one ravenclaw girl had purposely bumped her shoulder so harsh she stumbled a little, another had cursed at her for apparently 'walking too close to her'. things got worse when a random gryffindor tripped her and others burst out into laughter. this behaviour towards yunhee was normal from slytherin's, but never other houses. it scared her.