⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑

𝟑𝟏 𝐨𝐜𝐭 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

"i guess it's just you and me, huh, mark?" yunhee asked, looking at the boy with glasses who stood by the steps, watching his friends and chenle go on a trip to hogsmeade.

over the last few weeks the group had grown close enough that they'd meet up at the kitchens every night before curfew to talk about the most random things. it was probably the highlight of their day.

"i guess so. did you forget to ask your parents to sign the letter?" he asked, pushing up his glasses that were sliding down his nose.

"no, i asked." she shook her head as they walked back up the steps and towards the corridors. "they wouldn't sign it."

"if you don't mind me asking... why not?"

"well... my parents are muggles. they don't like the idea of magic. they didn't even want me to go to hogwarts, so we're not on the best of terms." she frowned, thinking about how much longer this would go on. for how long would she miss out on trips and opportunities because her parents refuse to let her go?

"sounds like my aunt and uncle." he sighed, coming to a stop in one of the hallways. 

"sucks, right?"

yunhee could see the glimpse of sadness and hopelessness on his face. she knew that feeling all too well and supposed she and mark were similar in many ways.

"don't worry though. i refuse to let it be like this. i'm going to find a way for us to go on these trips." he reassured her, pumping his fist in the air.

"i don't mean to ruin your confidence, but how exactly are you going to do that?" the brunette asked, amused.

she thought it would be practically impossible because of the teachers that check the list of names to make sure no one was trying to fool them. plus, if they got caught they would be in major trouble and up until now, yunhee had never broken the rules. she liked keeping her model student reputation — not the annoying teacher's pet kind. yunhee was all about kindness, helping others and setting good examples, but deep down, she had that fiery passion to break rules here and there just for the adrenaline rush.

"i have no idea... but for now, i need to speak to professor lupin. want to join?"

"no, i'm going to go hang around the great hall. join me when you're done or i'll get bored soon."

"alright. catch you later."

they parted from each other, mark heading outside and yunhee to the great hall. there weren't many people inside so she sat at her house table, reading a newspaper someone had left there. the newspaper talked about sirius black and although his escape was interesting to her, she was more focused on the fact that the pictures moved.

"oh? the hufflepuff girl is all alone? did your friends ditch you?"

she poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue then turned to face the boy, putting on a toothy grin.

"what about you, donghyuck? mummy and daddy didn't want you going on trips outside of hogwarts?"

"no. i just didn't want to go on those stupid trips with annoying people. it's too crowded. i'd rather go on my own or with a couple of people." he scoffed. "why am i even explaining this to you?"