⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

𝟏 𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

"friends forever my arse!"

"yun, calm down."

"no, chenle, i will not calm down. how can i? he left us." yunhee paced back and forth in their train compartment. chenle had been watching her do that for the past ten minutes and was starting to get dizzy.

"look," he stood up, placing his hands on her shoulders so she was forced to look at him. over the past two years he had changed much. his hair hadn't changed, but clearly his face matured and he had gotten taller than her. "it's time to get over him. this happened last year, so let's leave it all behind and move on."

"but i miss our childhood best friend, our jisung park." she said, glaring at the floor.

she had gotten taller, but not as tall as chenle. her hair was longer and wavier than before, so she tended to tie it up in plaits or ponytails. even though they had matured, there was still the hint of the young kids they had been before they were hit with the troubles that came with growing older.

after they were all sorted into their houses and classes began, their first year was going brilliantly. the trio hung out during breaks and whenever they had free time. the only problem was mixing with students and tables during the times to eat.

then after a few months, the two hufflepuffs couldn't help but notice their friend growing distant. he hung out with the slytherins more often and had made his own friend group, a friend group they were not at all fond of. his new friends were the type to make fun of others, call names, and trip people in the corridors. the slytherin purebloods.

by second year, the purebloods hatred for what they called 'mudbloods', muggle-borns, had reached yunhee. not only did jisung not do anything to stop it, he also didn't seem to care — or that's at least what chenle believed. she had no idea what was going on inside his head. it only took a few more months of him hanging out with them, to abandon his two childhood friends and turn for the worst.

the train they were in came to a sudden stop, screeching harshly. chenle stuck his head out the compartment door, as did several others, but the train jolted, throwing him back onto his seat. he let out a wince, rubbing his head.

"that hurt."

"what the hell?" yunhee said when the lights turned off and the windows became foggier from the cold rain.

she felt a cold tickle on her arms and the feeling of all her happiness being sucked away engulfed her, however, it was certainly not from the weather. something strange was on the train causing the windows to freeze up and this uneasy feeling.

"yun, i don't like this." chenle said, backing up towards the window. he picked up the cat on the seats, it wasn't entirely his pet. it was yunhee's, but he would keep the cat during holidays because her parents didn't allow pets.

"somethings on the train. keep quiet." she replied, slowly making her way to the door. a cloaked dark figure passed by, heading towards another compartment.

"yunhee!" chenle warned. she moved away and sat back down, her hands shaking. "that's a dementor."

"you've told me about those. don't they guard azkaban? why on earth would a dementor be here?"