⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐

𝟗 𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟑

yunhee sat at the hufflepuff table, her hands running through her light brown hair as she tried to plait it. since it had gotten longer it had become frustrating to deal with and harder to style, but she loved her hair and hadn't considered cutting it. usually, she'd ask chenle to help her, but he had disappeared and she wasn't sure where to, so she sat waiting for him, bored, for several minutes.

"you look like you're having trouble doing that." a voice said from behind her.

she looked over her shoulder at the boy with an eye smile and welcoming look on his face. throughout the two years, she had grown used to him randomly appearing to talk to her and she enjoyed it very much.

"jeno." she acknowledged, moving her hand away from her hair to wave at him. "yeah, my arms hurt."

"let me help." he said and she nodded, letting go of her hair. he took over, running his hands through her hair, taking out any knots as he plaited it perfectly.

"how come you know how to plait hair?" she asked, feeling his fingers move around strands.

"i have a younger sister. she taught me just so she could force me to do her hair when she didn't want to." he laughed, thinking back to the times that would happen.

"i wish i had a younger sister. it must be nice having one."

"it is nice when she's not throwing a fit." he hummed then let go of her hair, letting the two plaits drop onto her back. "all done."

"lifesaver. thank you." she thanked.

"he's been sighted! he's been sighted!" seamus, an irish boy from gryffindor, called out, placing a newspaper on the table. jeno glanced at her, then the two got up to go look at what he was talking about.

"who?"

"sirius black."

"dufftown? that's not far from here."

"you don't think he'd come to hogwarts, do you?"

at that moment, while everyone was busy talking about sirius black, chenle entered the great hall and walked straight over to yunhee who was peering over renjun's shoulder.

"yun, what's going on?"

"chenle, finally. you're here." she said, linking her arm with his and pulling him next to her so he could see the newspaper on the table. "sirius black was sighted."

"in hogwarts?!"

"no, not in hogwarts," mark told him. "but there's no telling how long it will take before he manages to get in. he's slipped past demonters before, maybe he could do it again."

"you're quite the optimist." yunhee joked, not expecting anyone to hear.

"it's true though." renjun said, looking behind him, where she was. it made her tense up. he was the ravenclaw she found so attractive and smart that she was intimidated. he tilted his head to the side at her silence. "you look like you want to say something."

"no, no. i'm just tired and jumpy so you turning around shocked me." she managed to brush it off and convince him so he turned back around. she felt chenle nudge her side and she nudged him back, trying to focus on the people talking about sirius black.