⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟑

𝐣𝐮𝐥 𝟑𝟏 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

"i feel so awful. look at your arm and mad-eye... he's gone..."

"none of this is your fault, mark. we all agreed to do this." yunhee comforted him and showed her arm. "jeno's mum said it should heal soon."

"yeah, but..." mark mumbled, staring at her bandaged arm. she had said the same thing a couple of days ago about it healing soon, but it still hadn't.

"if you dare try run away without us in the middle of the night again, i will beat you up." she cut him off, the sweet smile on her face contrasting her words.

"sorry about that." he replied, sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. she noticed it was one of his habits and it was adorable.

"i sure hope you are."

a comfortable silence filled in as the two remained seated on jeno's bed. mark was slowly building up the courage to bring up the untouched topic from weeks ago.

"so..." he began. "can we talk about it now?"

"about that?" yunhee asked, avoiding eye contact. maybe putting the two most awkward people in the world in a room, alone, to talk about something even more awkward wasn't a good idea...

"yeah..."

"you start then. say what you need to. i'll listen for now." she told him, patiently waiting for him to continue speaking. he reached over and took her hand in his, slowly scooting closer to her until they were only a small distance away.

"i know this might be crazy and terrible timing, but i need you to know that i—" the door to the room slammed open. renjun walked in, a book in his hand. "are you kidding me?! why can't i just get ten minutes to speak to yunhee without getting interrupted?!"

"oh. i'm sorry?" renjun stepped back, confused.

"no. i'm sorry. i didn't mean to yell." mark rubbed his forehead. "what's up?"

"the minister of magic is outside wanting to speak to you. he gave me this book." he held up the book that read 'the tales of beedle and bard'.

"okay. see you later, yun."

"alright." she replied, watching mark leave the room, clearly bothered that he didn't get to finish his sentence.

"what did i interrupt that got him so worked up?" renjun asked, joining her on the bed.

"i don't know. he seems to want to get something off his chest, but never gets the opportunity." yunhee said. deep down she knew what it was about. she had gotten the hint, but wasn't sure how to act so she was pushing the thought to the back of her head in denial.

"what were you talking about then? i might be able to help."

"uh... well, do you have a crush on anyone?" she asked and he was definitely taken aback.

"u-uh. what?" he cursed at himself when his voice failed him. he knew his face probably looked very flustered too.

"do you? i've had my fair few crushes, but usually, it wouldn't last long and i'd get over the person after feeling sad about seeing them with someone else or so far away from me."

renjun glared down at the bedsheets. he knew exactly what feeling she was talking about. he had been suffering from it for a long time. he just didn't get why she was telling him all this.

"so are you trying to tell me you have a crush on someone again?"

"no! well, um... i don't know actually." she mumbled, trying to save herself from saying anything embarrassing. and then she began stupidly ranting. "i mean how could i not when i'm always surrounded by such good looking boys? i mean have you seen your gorgeous smile and jawline because i—"