⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟐

𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫: 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

𝐣𝐮𝐥 𝟐𝟕 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

it was a gloomy morning. after dumbledore's death, hell had broken loose. the ministry was struggling despite presenting themselves as strong and able to take care of everyone. this was, of course, contradicted by the fact that families, even muggles, were being murdered, forcing others to go into hiding. mark had told his aunt, uncle and cousin to do the same. yunhee also wanted to warn her parents — hating them wasn't a valid reason to let them die because they were still her parents — so she planned to do so when the order went to get mark.

"yunhee! chenle!" mrs zhong yelled from downstairs.

chenle left his room, suitcase in hand, meeting yunhee in the hallway. she sent him a nervous smile, knowing from her dreams that what they were about to do was very dangerous. chenle's parents highly disagreed with them going with the order, but there was no stopping them because yunhee's parents lived near mark and she wanted to warn them. chenle didn't have to join her, but he made it clear that he was going to go.

"we got this." chenle said, pumping his fist.

yunhee simply nodded, the nerves getting the best of her, then followed him downstairs where his mother was standing by the open front door. they could see the order and their friends outside, waiting for them. they said goodbye to mr and mrs zhong then immediately took off with each of the friends having a protector to fly with.

they stopped across the road from yunhee's parent's house and she jumped off tonks broomstick, hesitating to approach the door. chenle put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her it would be alright.

"we'll be waiting here." kingsley told her.

"i won't be long." she replied and crossed the road.

her hand hovered in front of the door for a few seconds before she finally knocked. she could hear loud yells from inside and then finally the door opened to reveal her father.

"i—" she had barely gotten a word out and the door was slammed shut on her face. "shit then."

"who was it?!" she heard her mother yell.

"that bitch came crawling back!" her father replied, his voice gradually getting quieter as he spoke.

yunhee turned around to look at her friends across the road and shrugged at them while gesturing to the closed door. renjun mimicked the action of knocking on the door, suggesting she should try again. she did so and the door opened. her mother leaned against the doorframe, a cigarette between her fingers.

"what?" the woman spat.

"i came to tell... you..." yunhee paused to cough as her mother blew a puff of smoke in her face. "you should move somewhere else. it's not safe here anymore."

"huh? does it look like we have enough money to move?! your puny little arse ran off to your freak magician friends, leaving me to make all the money! now, you've come back to rub it in my face, haven't you?! look at this!" her mother exclaimed, waving two £10 notes in her face that she pulled out from her back pocket. "this is all i got this week because you were too lazy to help us out."

"i pity you." yunhee said, knocking her hand aside. "i really do. all you've ever known to do is complain and treat others terribly. it's sad."

"what did you say?!" she suddenly grabbed yunhee's collar, bunching it up. "are you mocking me?"

her friends could hear the yells and saw that her mother was getting aggressive. jeno, being the kind-hearted boy he was, was about to run over to help, but moody held him back, shaking his head.