⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟖, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥

𝟏 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖

"chenle, we should go now..." mark said, patting the younger's shoulder.

"i just..." he sighed, staring down at the grave in front of him. he wiped his tears away and laid the rose on the stone.

"come on." jisung held his hand out for his best friend to take. "it's time to go."

"it's time for me to put it behind me now." chenle agreed, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"we need to start setting up everything." jeno reminded them.

"yeah, yunhee gets out of st mungo's later today."

the group of seven walked away from chenle's and yunhee's cats grave. their pet had passed away from old age and chenle had been blaming himself for not spending enough time with her, but with the help of his friends, he was able to get over her death.

after visiting the grave for the last time that month, the group returned to jeno's house where they were going to hold the surprise party for yunhee.

after the tragedy that happened the night of the battle, chenle had found the rest of his friends and jeno's mother who was able to save yunhee before it was too late.

since then, the hufflepuff girl had been in st mungo's recovering from crushed legs, broken ribs and a concussion. healing magic was able to fix her ribs and soothe her concussion but as for her legs, they were repaired only to an extent. the bones were put back together, but magic could only do so much. she was still having difficulty with her legs and hadn't been able to walk ever since the night of the battle.

jisung and chenle felt so incredibly guilty for what had happened, but she kept reassuring them it wasn't their fault at all and she would save them like that again even if there were worse consequences. that made them sob a lot and it quickly turned into a crying fest for the whole group.

finally, after weeks of recovery, the doctors and healers had decided it was safe for yunhee to be discharged even though she was still stuck in a wheelchair. her friends were all preparing a surprise party for her and had set up mostly everything. there was only one last thing to do.

they returned to jeno's house, checking that the cake and other desserts were made, the decoration was perfect and the gifts were ready.

"you got it?" renjun asked mark.

"yeah, right here." he replied, showing him the item he was talking about then shoved it into his pocket. "she's gonna love it."

"she's here! everyone hide." jaemin said from where he was standing by the window. everyone ran to hide and chenle used his deluminator to turn off the lights.

they heard the sound of the door clicking open, followed by yunhee's voice as she excitedly spoke to jeno's mother who wheeled her into the house.

"and then — huh? why is it so dark?" yunhee asked.

at that, everyone took it as their cue to start the surprise. chenle brought back the lights and they all jumped out from their hiding spaces, yelling, "welcome back, yunhee!"

she glanced around, taking in the faces of her friends, their families and some of her classmates she hadn't seen in a while. then she saw the banner hung up on the wall with her name spelt incorrectly as 'yunhe'.

"you spelt my name wrong." she pointed out and they all looked up at the banner.

"jisung, you idiot! you don't even know how to spell your best friends name!" chenle exclaimed, nudging the boy.