⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟏

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟏𝟖 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

it was just before midnight when professor sprout entered aerin's dorm room to take her to dumbledore's office.

"what's happening?" yunhee asked, rubbing her eyes when she was woken up by the talking.

"aerin and jeno must see dumbledore immediately." sprout explained. placing a hand on the younger girls shoulder, she guided her to the door. "and, miss kim, please stick to sleeping in your own dorm room."

"sorry." yunhee mumbled, remembering that she had snuck into aerin's room to talk to her and had fallen asleep.

after the two left the common room, yunhee hurried out the dorm room and to the lounge where she found chenle by the fire, looking stressed.

"yuhnee." he stood up when he noticed her.

"what happened, chenle?"

"something happened to jeno's dad. i didn't get any details because he was quickly rushed out the room, but i think he's hurt badly." he explained and yunhee covered her mouth in shock.

"oh my god."

"what?"

"i should have known. several nights ago, in my dreams, i saw images of someone being attacked by a snake. i didn't see the persons face so i didn't think much of it. it could have been jeno's father. i should have told dumbledore, but i was so afraid by what i saw, i panicked."

"yunhee, it's alright. calm down. let's go to dumbledore immediately." chenle placed his hands on her shoulders to calm her down and when she did, they left to go to his office.

jeno's and his siblings were there with mark who had sweat dripping down his face. they turned to look at yunhee and chenle and dumbledore sprang towards them, scaring them.

"yunhee, did you see anything?" he asked.

"y-yeah... a while ago, i saw a snake and a room full of balls... um i think... maybe it was globes, but i know it's important in some way." she replied, fiddling with her fingers as chenle rubbed her back.

"why did you not say anything?" he questioned, turning around to walk over to one of the portraits.

"i don't know. i assumed it was an ordinary nightmare. i'm still getting used to this. i didn't ask to be a seer." she said, feeling a lump in her throat. it felt like she was suddenly being made responsible for what happened to jeno's father and that was how she felt.

"phineas. you must go to your portrait at grimmauld place." dumbledore told the portrait. "tell them that jihoon lee is gravely injured... and his children will be arriving there soon by portkey."

"they've got him, albus. it was close, but they think he'll make it. what's more, the dark lord failed to acquire it."

"oh, thank goodness. we need to..."

"professor dumbledore!" mark suddenly yelled and everyone flinched. "what is happening to me? you need to give us answers. yunhee and i both. first you tell her she's a seer — and she hardly knows what that is..." yunhee frowned, not sure if he was mildly insulting her. "then you send her away knowing she's in danger and you do the same to me. every time. you won't tell me what all these dreams mean or why i'm having them!"

"you wished to see me, headmaster?" snape, who had just arrived, asked, breaking the few seconds of silence after mark's rant.

"oh, severus. i'm afraid we can't wait. not even till the morning. otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable. take mark." dumbledore said and snape led mark out the office. "yunhee, chenle, return to your rooms. you can see jeno in two days."