⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟓

𝐚𝐩𝐫 𝟐 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔

all of the D.A members were sat at desks in the great hall writing sentences as punishment. umbridge was sat in a throne like chair in front of them. a satisfied smile would appear on her face each time she heard a student wince from pain. she was a sadist.

"are you all alright?" yunhee asked aerin and jia when they left the hall, cradling her hand to soothe the pain.

she didn't understand why she hadn't dreamt of them getting caught. surely, it was something of high importance, so she should have. maybe it had something to do with it being impossible to change? she wouldn't know. it wasn't like dumbledore could help anyway.

"it stings." aerin mumbled and jia wrapped a comforting arm around her. "we should tell mum and dad about this."

"they can't do anything about it." jeno told her. yes, their dad was working for the ministry, but nothing of significance.

"there's the snitch." mark muttered when they past cho who stared back at them, defeated.

yunhee rubbed cho's arm then continued on her way. she knew cho to be a sweet girl who wouldn't dare do such a thing like snitch on her friends. something else must have happened.

"jia!"

"hyejin... hey." jia greeted her best friend who linked her arm with hers.

yunhee frowned at the sight because next year she would no longer see them like that. the two were graduating and it was devastating for yunhee who would feel a sense of loneliness with two less girl friends.

"how's your hand?" yunhee asked jaemin when she saw him rubbing at it.

"it's not too bad." he replied, covering it with his sleeves.

"oh, how disappointed am i in you two." seonghyun's voice could be heard from in front of them. he stood with his arms crossed, glaring at donghyuck and jaemin.

"piss off, seonghyun." donghyuck hissed, mirroring his brothers stance.

"you always were a useless brother." he scoffed, looking down at the younger boy in a demeaning way. "suppose jisung is a good replacement."

"excuse me?"

"what? did you think we found out all about this just from cho?" seonghyun laughed, mockingly. "that's funny... you're all so clueless. he was purely a spy for us."

"no. you're lying." yunhee said even though it made sense to her.

lately, he had been disappearing for long periods of time — that could be anything though. but he wasn't there when they got caught, so he didn't get detention. plus, he had been acting weird. he was more conscious about people acknowledging he was friends with yunhee and the others.

"ask cho yourself. she was there when he told us everything." he smirked then turned back to donghyuck. "can't wait to tell mum and dad about you, and same for you, jaemin, i'm sure your parents will love the news."

"you're a complete arse." hyejin said, tightening her grip around jia's arm.

"you're lucky i'm only telling your parents about jaemin and not you." he sneered back. "wouldn't want my fiancé to be disowned by her family."

"fiancé...?" jia asked, looking at hyejin in disbelief. her arm loosened around hers and dropped to her side as did her heart. so much had been revealed in such a short amount of time.

"i'm sorry. our parents decided it. i had no say." hyejin mumbled, staring at her feet that had become much more interesting.

"it's okay." jia told her, wrapping her arms around her again.