⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟕

𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐣𝐢𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"where is jisung?"

"jisung? uh. not sure. maybe outside." jeno replied.

"thanks." yunhee said.

she had been meaning to speak to him for a while. she wanted to confess. after deliberating for days, she had come to the conclusion that the flutter in her heart every time she made eye contact with him was because she felt a certain way about him. a way she couldn't describe for a long time, but now she knew why he was so different to her than any other guy. she just had to tell him that.

she headed towards the doors, patting chenle's head on the way. just as she was about to exit, someone stepped in her path and she crashed into them. she felt herself falling backwards, but a hand latched onto her wrist and the other snaked around her waist, preventing her from crashing to the floor. she glanced up at jisung who was holding her and he sent her a worried look.

"you alright?" he asked, his voice a bit deeper and huskier than usual.

"y-yeah." she hummed. "you can let go of me now."

"oh, right. i'll be outside if you need me." he said, turning around to leave. for a second she could have sworn she saw a flash of hurt on his face.

"wait, ji." she tugged on his sleeve. "i do need you — i mean — uh... wait. how do i say this...?"

he stared at her confused and amused by her strange behaviour. "what's wrong?"

"we need to talk."

"about?"

"us." she said, fiddling with her fingers. his heart skipped a beat and he gulped.

"what do you mean?"

"jisung, i—" she saw cut off when a group of people ran past, bumping into her. one accidentally knocked her over and she fell onto her knees as jisung scrambled to catch her.

"those gits." he sneered, glaring in the direction that they had run off to.

"i'm fine." she told him as he held her by the arms, helping her back onto her feet. a sudden wave of pain hit her and she clutched onto her head, wincing.

"yun, what's wrong?" jisung asked, but to her, his words sounded like he was underwater.

"my... head..." she groaned. black dots began to appear in her vision and before she had the chance to speak again, she felt herself tilt to the side and everything went dark.

during her time unconscious, yunhee fell into a cycle of dreams and what may have been visions of what was to take place soon. when she woke up again, she was back in the great hall, her head on jisung's lap.

"ji?"

"yunhee! finally, you're awake. are you alright?"

"uh yeah. what happened?" she asked, struggling to sit up. he placed a hand on her lower back to help her and she nearly flinched at the touch.

"after those guys bumped into you, you passed out. did they hurt you that bad?"

"no. i don't know why that happened. my mind is a bit foggy. i just need some rest i think." she replied, wincing as she felt her headache worsen when she sat up properly.