⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟖

𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟏 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

"am i the only one that's extremely tired?" yunhee asked, yawning and stretching her arms above her. she felt her right arm get knocked to the side by seonghyun who had purposely walked next to her. he was worse than draco.

"so the ministry are letting you walk free? don't get your hopes up. you can expect to get your own personal cell in azkaban soon." he sneered at mark, getting up into his face. jeno grabbed ahold of him to stop him from attacking.

"ignore him. he wants a reaction from you, so you shouldn't give him one." renjun told him as they continued walking towards the carriages.

yunhee's eyes were set on a fleshless horse that had a dragonish head and leather wings like a bat. despite the creature looking eerie and scary, she though it was beautiful.

"what an extraordinary thing." she gasped, reaching out to stroke its rough head. the creature bowed, allowing her to do so.

"um. yunhee, what on earth are you doing?" chenle asked, staring at her like she had gone crazy.

"petting the creature?"

"have you gone mad? there's nothing there." renjun said, pointing to where he saw absolutely nothing. "the carriages are pulled by magic."

"wait. you guys don't see it too? only yunhee and i do?" mark asked, confused.

"there really is nothing there." jeno told him as he climbed onto the carriage, followed by the rest of them.

"but it's such a beautiful creature. how do you not see it?" yunhee furrowed her eyebrows, disappointed that she couldn't show off it's beauty to them.

for the rest of the way to hogwarts, everyone was quiet. no one seemed to know what to say to each other or what to do. everything was dull and gloomy. hogwarts didn't feel the same.

things were changing and that was something yunhee was sure of. over the holidays, she had dreams of a short woman wearing pink clothes. the woman brought tragedy to hogwarts and sucked away the life from it. students didn't look happy and as cheerful as before.

yunhee wasn't sure what the dreams meant or why she was dreaming of them, but she hoped it was nothing. that there would be no pink clothed woman, but there she was...

sat at the front of the great hall, in one of the seats, was a stubby woman with brown curled hair, a ghastly pink coat, skirt, beret and matching handbag. with the amount of dark colours in the room, the woman stood out more than anyone wished.

"good evening, children." dumbledore spoke, his voice overlapping the loud students that excitedly ate their food. "now, we have two changes in staff this year. we're pleased to welcome back professor grubbly-plank who'll be taking care of magical creatures while professor hagrid is on temporary leave."

"no way!" yunhee turned to chenle and jeno, an evident frown on her face. "hagrid's not here? this is awful."

"it is. hagrid is the best professor for care of magical creatures." jeno agreed.

"we also wish to welcome our new defense against the dark arts teacher... professor dolores umbridge. and i'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. now, as usual, our caretaker, mr filch has asked me to remind you..."

dumbledore was cut off by dolores umbridge who let out a high pitched 'ahem' while placing her pink bag on the table. she stood up and walked around the table, her fingers entwined.

"thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. and how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me." she said, but no one was smiling. "i'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."