⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓𝟕

𝟐 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖

"the chamber of secrets?" chenle's voice reverberated, bouncing on the walls.

the four: yunhee, chenle, jeno and jaemin, stood in front of the large entrance to the chamber of secrets that had been opened back in their second year and now they had returned to open it once more, only this time the basilisk was dead. jeno spoke in parseltongue to the large circular door and it clicked open.

"jeno, you're a parslemouth?" jaemin asked as they walked down the path with snakehead statues along the sides of it.

"no. mark talks in his sleep."

"why are we here?" chenle asked. he caught sight of a large skeleton on the floor. "is that... is that the basilisk?"

"the one mark killed, it sure is." jeno replied, proud of his friend. he approached the skeleton on the floor and tugged at a fang, snapping it off.

yunhee took out the hufflepuff cup from her pocket and placed it on the cold floor. jeno handed her the fang, but she passed it back to him, shaking her head.

"i can't do it."

"yes, you can." he assured her, opening her fingers and placing it back in her hand.

she looked around at her three friends and jaemin nodded, encouraging her to do it. she raised her hand and with a harsh swing, she thrust the fang into the cup. a gust of wind filled the chamber and water began pouring out from all sides of the walls.

yunhee took chenle's hand, drawing him back with her, trying to escape the water that somehow had the face of voldemort in it. they came to a stop just in front of the exit and the water dropped onto them like a waterfall. for a moment they all just stared at each other, soaking wet, and then they burst out into laughter from having destroyed the horcrux and being drenched in water.

"that was crazy." jaemin laughed, brushing his wet hair back and off his face.

"and scary. i really thought we were about to die." yunhee said, squeezing the water out of her hair.

"let's go find mark." jeno said taking the marauders map from jaemin's pocket.

they hastily left the chamber, following the map to find mark and the others. they walked through corridors leading towards where they were when suddenly their friend's names vanished.

"why are they gone?" chenle asked, pointing to where the names had previously been.

"he might have gone into the room of requirements. it doesn't show up on the map." yunhee replied, recalling that renjun had told her that last year.

"brilliant. let's go." jeno said.

⚯͛

when they arrived at the room of requirements they found mark, renjun, jisung and donghyuck facing off against draco, seonghyun and blaise. donghyuck was clenching his fists about to lurch at his brother who was spewing nonsense at them.

"expelliarmus!" yunhee yelled at draco and his wand flew back. he promptly ran away, taking blaise with him, but seonghyun lifted his wand.

"avada kedarva!" he shouted, aiming for yunhee.

"stupefy!" she shot back, dodging his spell.

"your brother just tried to kill yunhee." chenle exclaimed, turning to donghyuck who was in shock himself.

"get back here, you bastard!" jisung hollered, he and chenle chasing after seonghyun who had taken off running.

mark didn't waste any time in climbing up the stack of furniture that the diadem had landed on when seonghyun fired spells at them. yunhee and jeno copied him, throwing away some furniture to make it easier to reach the diadem.