⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟒

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟐𝟓 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔

"is the pudding ready yet, mrs lee?" yunhee asked. she was helping out in the kitchen during christmas at jeno's house while mark was speaking to lupin, tonks and jeno's father.

"not yet. can you put the pies on the table for me?"

"of course." she took the tray of mini pies and set them in the middle of the table where the rest of the food was. she then sighed at the sight of aerin and jeno slumped in their seats. "come on, you two. help your mum out."

they both groaned but stood up to do as she said.

there was a knock on the door and everyone turned to look at the kitchen entrance where renjun and jia were with bags of gifts.

"jia?!" aerin and yunhee screeched, lunging at her, sending the three girls flying to the floor.

"i can't believe it!" yunhee yelled, refusing to let go of her.

"i missed you so much!" aerin sobbed.

"i missed you guys more." jia replied, patting their backs as she returned the hug.

"girls, come on now. get off the floor." remus said as he passed by them with tonks.

"how come i didn't get a warm welcome like that?" renjun pouted after greeting everyone and joining jeno in sorting out the food.

"because we see you every day." jeno told him then passed him a plate. "pie?"

"i'm alright. where's chenle?"

"i was wondering that too. yunhee, do you have any idea?" jeno asked, but the girl shrugged her shoulders.

"he said he was going to come with his parents. i'd say they're just running late, but they usually aren't." she replied. now that she thought about it, it was strange that they hadn't arrived yet.

"everyone sit at the table! it's time for dinner!" jeno's mother yelled.

they all gathered around the table, chatting excitedly as they stuffed their faces with the delicious food made by jeno's mother and yunhee.

"this is so nice!" mark exclaimed, holding up one of the pastries.

"yunhee made that. she's such a good cook and baker." aerin told him, taking one as well.

"oh. stop i'm blushing." yunhee said, smacking the younger girl on the back.

"she's right. i could eat this food all year." jeno said.

"thanks, guys. i'll make sure to make more every holiday." she said as she served pieces of the pudding.

"please do."

"i think we should get married." mark joked and the room went silent. "guys, i was joking."

"don't joke like that! you can't just steal yunhee from me." aerin said, threatening him with her fork.

"well, mark, if we did get married, i hope you know that i would be expecting you to cook everything for me." yunhee said.

"sure. i'll do that." he replied, resting his chin on his palm and staring at her which made her cheeks heat up.

"enough. your flirting is making me lose my appetite." jia said, tapping her knife against the table.

"knowing how scary renjun can be, you don't want to get on his sister's nerves." jeno whispered to mark who nodded his head and sat back in his seat.

"i'm all finished with my food. sorry, mrs lee, but i'm not going to tidy up today. i suggest the boys do it." yunhee said, standing up and gesturing to the other two girls to do the same.