⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟔

𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫

𝐚𝐮𝐠 𝟐𝟑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

it was midday when an owl swooped into yunhee's room, dropping a letter on her bed. she didn't recognise the owl, but she assumed it was from one of her friends so she ripped open the letter to read it.

yunhee,

i'm not sure if you've heard, but the quidditch world cup is on the 25th and i wanted to know if you'd like to come with us. oh, us as in jeno, mark, renjun, and my family. this is jeno by the way!

i've already sent a letter to chenle, so i'm sure he'll accept if you do too. we don't mind picking you up. just tell us a location and we'll come to get you. we'll be picking up mark on the way. also, you'll need to bring spare clothes because we'll be spending the night in a tent if your parents are okay with that. anyway, we miss you a lot so we hope you join us.

- lee jeno

the brunette's eyes lit up at the words she read. she pulled open her drawer where the papers and pens were. she lay on her bed on her stomach as she began writing her response to his invitation. her hand momentarily froze, thinking about how she'd get away from her parents since convincing them wasn't even an option she could pick. she'd have to sneak out.

she continued writing her letter, making sure to inform jeno to pick her up in the late evening at a local park tomorrow. after finishing the letter, she sealed it and handed it to the owl who flew away immediately.

just as she closed the window, her bedroom door swung open. her mother walked in, dumping an empty basket on her bed.

"get the laundry done. now." she demanded with a harsh tone then left as quick as she arrived.

"yes, mother." yunhee mumbled, picking up the basket and following her out the room. as she trailed behind her mother, she decided to give it a shot with asking if she could visit some friends. "um... so... tomorrow i want to sleep over at my friend's house. can i?"

"no." she replied. of course, it didn't come as a shock to yunhee, but she was going to push it anyway.

"why not?" she asked, stopping to fill the basket.

"the house isn't going to clean itself. besides, while you're living under my roof, i make the rules. just because you ran off with the freaks, doesn't mean you get to do what you want." her mother hissed, whipping around to glare at her.

"freaks?" yunhee almost gasped. "no one in hogwarts are freaks!"

"don't raise your voice at me!" the older woman stepped forwards, a hand raised. yunhee closed her eyes, waiting for the impact, but when nothing came she slowly opened her eyes to see her mother storming away while yelling, "clean this shit up!"

in disbelief, yunhee continued doing the laundry, planning her great escape for tomorrow.

⚯͛

𝐚𝐮𝐠 𝟐𝟒 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

when the next evening arrived, yunhee threw her small bag of stuff she would need for the following days, out the window, hoping the thud wasn't too loud. she then swung one leg out the window, preparing to climb down the pipes, only for her bedroom door to swing open revealing her father who had probably come to yell at her to do more chores. she quickly started climbing down the pipes then threw herself the rest of the way down.