⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟕

𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟑 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

the next day, around the afternoon, yunhee was awoken from her nap by loud explosions and a screeching sound. she climbed out of the pillow fortress they had all made last night and left the tent to see where the noise was coming from. she was greeted with the sight of mark, jeno and renjun throwing spells at the locket.

"what are you doing?" she asked, rubbing her eyes.

"trying to destroy the locket." jeno said, then looked over his shoulder at her. "morning by the way."

"morning." she replied, slipping her wand out her pocket and taking a few steps forward. "let me help. expulso!"

"diffindo! reducto!" mark yelled, constantly throwing spells and getting more and more agitated by the lack of results.

"okay, stop." yunhee walked over, picking the locket up when it was no longer on fire. she put it around her neck and hid it under her hoodie. "i'll wear it for now and keep it safe. these spells are clearly not working and we're not going to figure anything out this way."

"seems strange that dumbledore sent you off to find all these hocruxes, but didn't tell you how to destroy them. doesn't that annoy you?" chenle asked mark. he didn't reply and stormed off with renjun chasing after him.

"chenle, try not to bring up dumbledore. mark's still sensitive about being left with hardly any answers." jeno said.

"i'm right though."

"yeah, and he knows that. just give it some time."

"fine." chenle sighed, entering the tent and them following. he climbed into the pillow fortress, taking his radio with him. he turned it on, listening to the people speak about everything that was going on at that moment.

yunhee and jeno sat around the table, bored, as they listened to the radio mentioning names of missing or dead people. it was something they didn't want to hear, especially jeno. he hoped he wouldn't hear his family's names from the radio and chenle was the same, but that's why he was listening.

around an hour later, renjun returned from chasing after mark. he picked up jeno's bag, looking through it.

"i don't know where mark went off to, somewhere past the protection enchantment. i'm going to start making food with what we have." he told them.

"alright..."

"why is he listening to that radio? i don't like it." renjun whispered, gesturing to chenle who was curled up in blankets. "should i tell him to turn it off?"

"no. don't. he's worried about his mother and the radio brings him some comfort, so don't take it from him." yunhee said.

"but we're all worried about our families. why can't he just turn it off?"

"look, give it a bit and he'll stop. i'm going to go find mark before it gets dark." she said, making her way out the tent.

she walked down the small hill the tent was on, picking up sticks they could use to start a fire. she didn't wander too far from the others but was way past the protection enchantments which was a risky move.

the sun was setting quickly and the weather was getting chillier when yunhee found mark sitting on a log.

"mark." she called.

"oh. hey..." he turned around, his eyes locking onto something behind them.

"it's dangerous being out here and renjun's making dinner. we should go back." she told him, patting his leg to get his attention because he wasn't focused on her.