⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟓

𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

"well, this class is really fun, isn't it?" yunhee asked, sarcastically, as she glanced at mark, jeno and chenle who were resting with their heads on the table, half asleep.

"i used to think divination was an interesting class until we ended up with this nutter." renjun sighed, placing his elbow on the table so he could rest his head on his palm.

"renjun." she warned.

"what? she has no idea what she's talking about."

"i agree, but still..." yunhee admitted. she couldn't come up with the rest of her argument as professor trelawney interrupted her.

"and what do we have here!" the group were fully awoken by the professor's loud voice as she stumbled to their table. she looked at yunhee. "my dear, let me see your hand."

"uh, alright." yunhee hesitantly held out her hand allowing the professor to examine it.

"you see here, you are a unique witch with talent in the noble art of divination. however, the future holds much suffering due to your muggle-born background and your soul that sucks dry the energy of those around you." the professor spoke in a monotone voice as if she was not herself and not the one speaking.

"what?" yunhee retracted her hand. she bit the inside of her cheek, conflicted. those last words were harsh and confusing.

"sorry, what was i talking about?" the professor asked, snapping out of the strange state she was in.

"nothing, professor." renjun told her, saving yunhee from having to speak. he glanced at her and saw the way she stared at her hand that was cradled to her chest.

"yunhee, you alright?" jeno asked, also noticing her discomfort.

"yeah, um..." she reached for her bag, a dazed look in her eyes. "i just need to go to the toilet."

she abruptly stood up, almost knocking over the table and catching the attention of others around them which she didn't want to do. she hated the sudden attention and needed to get out of there quick.

"wait, yunhee..."

"i'll meet you guys later." she said, looking at her friends once more from where she was stood. she clutched her bag strap before turning around again. "yeah. bye."

"my dear, where are you going?" professor trelawney called, but yunhee had already disappeared out the door, mumbling incoherently.

of course, she wasn't actually on her way to the toilet. she was planning to go hang out in the kitchens, stressing about what the professor had said until the lesson was over. she was mid-thought, staring at the ground when she felt her head hit someone's back.

"shit. sorry..." yunhee looked up to see that the person she had bumped into was jaemin. "oh."

he stared down at her, observing her flustered face. he didn't say anything and looked down one of the empty corridors that would soon be full of bustling students.

"are you ditching class?" she asked. no reply. "why are you hanging around here? you could get into trouble."

"why are you talking to me?" he asked, his voice coming out hoarse implying he was exhausted.

"i guess because i have nothing to do now that i've left class and you're the only person out." yunhee replied, sticking her hands into her pockets as she averted her eyes to her feet.