⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟖

𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟒 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

"oh my lord. i am so sorry about yesterday, you two." yunhee said as she took a seat at the gryffindor table where her friends were. she didn't get the chance to talk to them yesterday because cedric guided them back to their rooms in silence and then when she woke up, they had already gone to the great hall for breakfast.

"what happened yesterday?" mark asked, perking up at this. renjun was sitting next to him with a book as usual so yunhee slipped the book, he left behind yesterday, in front of him.

"thanks." he said, looking up for a second and then going back to reading.

"we got detention." chenle sighed, resting his head on the table, tired.

"and it's fine, yunhee, but what on earth were you doing with donghyuck in the broom room?" jeno asked, watching her tie her hair up into a ponytail. her arms froze and she hesitated as she tried to think if she should tell the truth or not.

"you were with donghyuck...? in a broom room?" renjun interrogated, putting his book aside, intrigued by the new topic of conversation.

"um... you know, we were just checking out some brooms." she joked, dropping her arms and reaching out for an apple on a plate in the middle of the table.

"seriously?" chenle raised an eyebrow.

"okay, fine... he wanted to apologise for what he said. i told you guys, he and jaemin aren't all that bad. you just need to be patient with them." she admitted then held up the apple. "like this apple, when you feel it, it's hard, right? but then you bite into it and it's sweet."

"you've definitely ruined apples for me." jeno groaned.

"you're not the renjun you think you are, trying to sound smart. it won't work." chenle said, pointing accusingly at the girl who was proudly holding up her apple.

"i can't believe you compared those slytherin's to apples." mark said, now glaring at the other apples on the table.

"speak of the devil." jeno mumbled. their heads turned to where jeno was looking. donghyuck, jaemin and jisung had walked in to sit at their table.

"okay, you can stop staring at them." yunhee told her friends as she could see they were harshly glaring at the boys.

"you don't fancy one of them, do you?" jeno suddenly asked, catching her off guard. "better not be jaemin. that arse."

"what?! of course not!" yunhee exclaimed. only after other students heads whipped around to look at her, did she realise just how loud she had yelled.

"what are you all looking at?" renjun asked, with a scowl that made everyone quickly turn away.

"sorry. i probably shouldn't ask those things anyway." jeno muttered his small apology to yunhee.

"it's fine, but seriously, i hardly know them, except jisung of course."

"what's with jisung, by the way? i know you and chenle were friends with him in first year." mark said, observing the two best friends nervous actions at the question.

"well, we were childhood best friends and when we joined hogwarts we promised to stay friends forever... then in second year, one day he woke up and decided to ignore us completely like there was never anything between us. then he started hanging with malfoy and he would just watch as we got picked on. he wouldn't care. so we became a duo instead of a trio." chenle explained, his mood getting duller with each passing second. "i hate him..."