⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟖, 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐

by the time jaemin had slipped his wand out of his pocket to use the revulsion jinx to release them all, it was already too late. too much time had passed by and mark was nowhere in sight in the forest. they hoped that there was one place he would be at if he was still alive.

they ran through the forest, towards hogwarts, praying that he was there and safe. but as they got closer to the bridge in front of the castle, they could see crowds of death eaters and a sick feeling took over them.

"why — why are they here?" chenle asked as they came to a stop.

"let me try see." yunhee muttered. she climbed onto a pile of rocks and stretched onto her toes to see over the death eaters.

"be careful." jeno said, holding his hands out to catch her in case she fell. "you see anything?"

"it's not high enough. jisung, get up here. i'll climb onto your shoulders."

"why me?" he complained but joined her nevertheless.

"because you're the tallest obviously." she replied as he bent down and she got onto his shoulders. she held on, carefully, as he stood back up.

"what do you see now?" jaemin asked.

"i see voldemort. he's talking to our friends, classmates and families." she replied, squinting her eyes and stretching her back to get a better view.

"anything else?" renjun asked.

"i see hagrid. he's carrying someone... wait... uh. he's carrying..." she paused, her eyes widening. she harshly tapped jisung's back. "jisung, put me down."

"what's wrong?"

"jisung, put me down right now!"

she didn't mean to yell at him or hit him hard, but she was panicking. panicking because she saw mark, dead, in hagrid's arms.

"yunhee, calm down." donghyuck said as he helped her off jisung's shoulders and back onto her feet. "what's the matter?"

"it's mark! he's dead. he's dead." she kept repeating, scaring them all. before they could even react, she took off running towards the crowds.

"shit. yunhee." renjun mumbled, chasing after her. he pointed his wand at the death eaters and yelled, "depulso!"

the spell sent them flying off the bridge, as far away as possible from him and the others. it created a path for them and they could see voldemort and hagrid holding mark like yunhee had told them.

"NO!" jeno cried, rushing forwards.

"crucio!" voldemort yelled, aiming for jeno, but he was quickly saved by chenle and donghyuck who pulled him back. he was going to fire a spell again at them, but there was a loud thud from behind him.

"mark." yunhee said, smiling and voldemort turned around in utter horror. the gryffindor had fallen out of hagrid's arms and he was alive.

"confringo!" he yelled at voldemort and the snake then ran to hide.

"quick!" chenle grabbed yunhee's hand and they sprinted across the courtyard to the entrance of the castle where mark had gone.

"mark!" yunhee embraced him then let go and smacked him on the back of the head. "you complete arse! i hate you!"

"you guys, i'm sorry... i had to do it. you'd all be dead and i'd be alive if i hadn't. i didn't want that." he said, tears in his eyes and she smiled, hugging him again.

"you're lucky i love you."

"way to contradict yourself." donghyuck mumbled.

"shut up. this isn't over yet. we have stuff to do. i need you guys to kill the snake while i lure voldemort away." mark told them.