⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟒

𝐝𝐞𝐜 𝟐𝟔 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒

"hey, jaemin, dongyuck." yunhee greeted the two boys that she found sitting by the lake, munching on sweets. they stared at the girl, surprised, as she sat down beside donghyuck.

"hey, yunhee... is something up?" jaemin asked, holding the bag of sweets out to her.

"i wanted to thank you for yesterday. because of you two, no one was hurt further and i know you were most likely only there for jisung, so thanks for being such good friends to him."

"yunhee, you were clearly bothered by that durmstrang guy and none of your friends had wands, so of course we'd step in. we're your friends now, right, donghyuck?" jaemin nudged the boy who snapped out of his trance.

"yeah, sure. whatever." he replied, shaking his head as he hadn't actually heard what was said.

"thanks..." she picked up a pebble and tossed it at the water. "by the way, where's jisung?"

"in detention." donghyuck replied, hesitantly.

"what for?" she asked and the two just glanced at each other. jaemin had been praying she wouldn't ask because he had no idea how to tell her and donghyuck couldn't be bothered to explain it. jaemin elbowed the other, using his eyes to tell him to answer.

"um... no homework?"

"that sounded like a question. you're lying." she leaned forwards, making him lean back. she was hoping to get him to crack or be flustered enough to tell the truth.

"didn't you hear me? i said he didn't do his homework." he scowled, pushing her back by her shoulders. "what else do you want? just leave."

"you're even worse than me at lying." she said, rolling her eyes. "i'm not going till you tell me."

"yunhee, just leave it be. your friends are probably looking for you." jaemin said.

"alright, fine. i'm going."

she picked herself up and started making her way inside and towards the library to study for potions. when she entered, many eyes followed her as she carried her books and bag towards a table. she supposed word had got around that nikola tried to get with her and a fight broke out between him and her friends, but the most shocking thing to everyone was that three slytherin's — and friends of draco — had came to her rescue too. she couldn't deny that it was disturbing and uncomfortable receiving all the stares, but she planned to ignore it for as long as it took for the drama to die down.

she spent the next few hours keeping her head down as she read through potions books and made notes. potions was one of her best subjects and so was divination, but she wasn't even going to try studying divination after what happened with professor trelawney.

"yunhee!"

"holy shit!" the girl cried out as her elbow slipped and her chin nearly smacked onto the corner of the table. she whizzed around, meeting the face of aerin who looked back sheepishly. "what did you yell for?"

"quiet in the library!" madam pince, the librarian, hissed as she was breathing down the neck of one of the students who she suspected to be ruining a book. she was overprotective of her books.