⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟏

𝐬𝐞𝐩 𝟐 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟔

"i prepared some concoctions this morning. any idea what these might be?" professor slughorn asked and jaemin, surprisingly, raised his hand.

"yes, mr...?"

"na. na jaemin." he replied and stepped up to the desk, pointing at each item as he spoke. "this one is veritaserum. it's a truth-telling serum. that is polyjuice. and this one is amortentia... the most powerful love potion in the world. it smells different to each person according to what attracts them."

"and what do you smell?"

"i smell... soap, worn-out books and..." jaemin lowered his voice, his eyes darting around the room. "and marshmallow perfume."

"what did he say?" yunhee asked, leaning towards jeno. he shook his head, saying that he hadn't heard. but he had and when she had leaned over, he had caught a whiff of her usual marshmallow scented perfume.

"amortentia doesn't create actual love. that would be impossible. but it does cause a powerful infatuation or obsession. and for that reason, it is probably the most dangerous potion in this room." slughorn said, placing the lid on the cauldron as some girls had begun walking towards it.

"sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." renjun said, gesturing to the bottle.

"oh, yes. what you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as felix felicis. but it is more commonly referred to as..."

"liquid luck." yunhee finished his sentence. she had learnt about it from renjun and jaemin who were really good at potions.

"yes, you're right, miss...?"

"kim." she told him, biting the inside of her cheek. she disliked the sudden attention she got from the rest of the class.

"miss kim." he confirmed, nodding his head as he showed off the bottle in his hand. "liquid luck. desperately tricky to make. disastrous should you get it wrong. one sip and you will find that all your endeavours succeed. at least until the effects wear off. so this is what i offer each of you today. one tiny vial of liquid luck to the student who, in the hour that remains, manages to brew an acceptable draught of living death. the recipes of which can be found on page ten of your books."

everyone hurried to open their books.

"i should point out, however, only once did a student manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. nevertheless, good luck to you all. let the brewing commence."

⚯͛

the group of friends were sat in the library an hour before curfew as renjun had insisted they study astronomy and potions. he and mark were the only ones keeping up in potions, but they were all falling behind on astronomy.

but yunhee was also falling behind on sleep. so when she placed down her book and laid her head on the table, she was knocked out in less than five minutes. and of course, that's when she had her dreams again, only this time there was no death. instead, it was birth.

the birth of voldermort.

seeing the darkest wizard in history, as a child, so terrifying and dangerous, sickened yunhee. she was awake the second the dream was over.