⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟖

𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟎 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

things had still been a bit weird around yunhee and mark. she felt the need to avoid him and give him space, but she hated it. she would watch him from afar, wishing to be by his side again. unknown to her, mark was the same. he stayed away because he was an awkward person who couldn't deal with awkward situations.

but that evening, yunhee was sat with jaemin at the hufflepuff table — yes, they were receiving stares because no one could get over the fact that she was friends with slytherins and that he was friends with a muggle-born. people had openly expressed their thoughts on it, vocally and physically, but it didn't bother the two that much anymore.

"jaemin, what does this spell do?" yunhee asked, pointing to her notepad of lists of spells she wasn't sure about yet.

"petrificus totalus? it renders the target immobile. why? are you going to fight someone?" he said as she turned her page to a fresh one to write that down.

"not really right now, but i do need to prepare myself for when the death eaters attack again." she mumbled and he looked at her with a sombre expression. he felt so guilty.

"hey—" he began but was cut off by mark who skipped towards them and poked yunhee's nose.

"good evening, yunhee. i want to go back to normal again. anyway, hope you have an awesome rest of the day."

"um. what? huh? okay... evening?" she replied, completely baffled, as mark continued skipping towards the great hall doors. she turned to renjun and chenle who joined her and jaemin at the table. "what just happened?"

"liquid luck happened." chenle said.

"you know he's been trying to build up the courage for days to speak to you and the liquid luck gave him a bit of a kick to finally do it." renjun told her.

"really? he has?" she muttered. "so, where's he off to now?"

"to speak to professor slughorn."

"oh, right... aragog, that terrifying spider dies." yunhee whispered, shivering when she thought back about seeing the spider while sleeping.

"what did you say?" jaemin asked.

"i have detention. yes, with snape." she said, saving herself since she still wasn't allowed to talk about her dreams. "i'll go."

"see you later."

yunhee hated the idea of having detention with snape out of all people, but it wasn't like she could ditch. as she entered snape's office, she had the sudden urge to turn back around and run away.

"miss kim, take a seat." snape said, his back facing her. he hadn't even turned around to see her enter. he just knew.

"okay." she said, hesitantly sitting down.

"where did you learn that spell?" he asked, stacking some files.

"you already asked me. i overheard it from another student." she lied — well, was it really a lie if she overheard it from someone in her dream?

"impossible." he spun around, placing his hands on the table. "there is no other student that would know the spell."

"and you would know that why?"

she had caught him off guard.

"that is none of your business." he sneered, placing the stacks of folders in front of her. "i want you to sort these out alphabetically, then you can leave."

"seems easy." yunhee whispered as she started spreading the folders out.

"would you like me to give you more things to do, miss kim?"