⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟔

𝐦𝐚𝐫 𝟏𝟖 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

madam pomfrey was doing her usual rounds, checking on all the patients, when she had sensed something was wrong with yunhee. she placed two fingers on her neck, checking her pulse and felt nothing.

yunhee was dead, but only for a minute.

madam pomfrey had managed to resuscitate her and then immediately called for dumbledore.

"she is stable now?" he asked and madam pomfrey nodded. "i will let her current guardians and her friends know when they wake up. for now, please watch over her. we can not afford to lose her."

dumbledore had kept his word and alerted them about what had happened. they all rushed to see her, but she was still asleep like she hadn't just died in her sleep.

"yunhee." chenle whispered, brushing strands of hair from her face as he held himself back from crying. he had nearly lost the person he had been stuck to for years. she was his best friend, his soulmate and without her, he'd not be able to function.

"it is true that she has chronic insomnia and somehow her body had shut down. thankfully, madam pomfrey had saved her, but that is all we know." dumbledore explained to the adults in the room. "i'll leave you alone now."

"professor dumbledore, we need answers. what is actually happening to her?" mark pleaded, chasing after him.

"she'll be better in a few days."

"professor dumbledore!" mark yelled. "it's got to do with voldemort, doesn't it?! he's doing this to her!"

"good day." he said and left to retreat to his office.

the gryffindor sighed, defeated, and slumped into a seat next to yunhee's bed. "i'm so scared for her."

"me too. i don't want her to sleep or be awake anymore. how does that even work? like when she's awake, she's suffering from all sorts of migraines, but when she's asleep, she's having these awful dreams and is dying!" chenle exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air.

they all felt the same way. it was impossible for her to win. being a seer should have been a gift, but instead, it was destroying her. even now, in her sleep, she was spiralling through an endless hole of dreams of the future. there were things that she had seen before like dumbledore's death, but there were also new visions of jisung getting hurt in the bathrooms, snape pointing his wand at dumbledore, bellatrix laughing menacingly and all her friends looking around a room in terror.

everyone in the medical room was sat or stood in silence around yunhee who looked to be peacefully sleeping, but none of them had any idea of what was actually happening to her.

sudden footsteps and a loud bang directed their attention to the door that had been slammed open. jisung had run in with bed hair and his pyjamas. mark felt a sudden rage of anger in him. he knew jisung was a death eater meaning he was connected to voldemort and from that he felt the need to blame him for what was happening. jeno noticed the change in demeanour and patted mark's back, stopping him from saying anything.

jisung approached the bed, staring down at the girl occupying it. he took her freezing hand and sat beside chenle who hugged him. the three best friends were so close together yet it seemed like they were so far away.