⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟒

𝐥𝐞𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐲𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"where have you been?" yunhee asked when mark descended down the stairs and past them. "we thought you went to the forest."

"i'm going there now." he replied.

"are you mad? you can't!" donghyuck argued, grabbing the gryffindor by his arm. he jolted back and turned around to face them.

"i'm sorry. i have to."

"why? what do you know?" renjun asked.

"there's a reason i can hear the horcruxes. i think i've known for a while and so have all of you." he replied and it dawned on all of them that he meant dying was the only way for this to end.

"there has to be another way." yunhee said, tears already streaming down her face. when he shook his head, she pulled him in for a hug.

"you guys have been the best thing to happen to me. i've cherished every moment with you, but i have to go. you know i do." mark said, embracing each one of them. he stopped in front of jisung who was sobbing loudly and he patted his head, smiling sadly. "it's okay."

"it's not okay! i don't want you to die!" he yelled and the others flinched at his abruptness.

"it'll be okay..." mark could only reply with. he stepped away and continued on his way to the forest.

for a while, the seven sat around on the steps in silence, not having the energy to move or speak to each other. it was only when half an hour had passed that yunhee became restless.

"let's go to the great hall." she said. they followed her and sat down on the benches by the door as others bustled around to help the injured.

jeno threw his arms around jisung, resting his chin on his shoulder. jisung scowled, trying to push him off.

"jeno, let go of me." he whined.

"jeno has a crush on jisung." chenle joked, laughing. it had been a running joke that mark and him started. when he remembered that, he went silent again.

"i'm hungry." donghyuck said. 

"i'm tired." jaemin added.

"i'm sad and all of the above." yunhee mumbled and donghyuck ruffled her hair, messing it up. she slapped his hands away and combed her hair, trying to fix it.

"where's everyone going?" renjun asked, when people started filing out.

"let's follow." jaemin said. they got up and began pushing through the crowds to get to the courtyard.

donghyuck held onto yunhee's hand, helping her get past the sea of people. she squeezed his hand, struggling to keep up with his fast walking. he noticed this and slowed down till he was next to her. when they did get to the courtyards, they saw on the other side, voldemort being led by his followers.

"who is hagrid carrying...?" renjun asked and yunhee strained her eyes to get a better look at what seemed to be a dead body. then she froze. she could make out the round glasses on the body and it was enough to tell her that was her friend, mark lee.