⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟓

𝐟𝐞𝐛 𝟐𝟒 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟓

a cold breeze was what woke yunhee up. her head ascended above the freezing water, strands of hair covering her face as she held onto fleur's younger sister. she helped the younger girl swim towards the champions platform where fleur reached out for her.

"merci!" fleur said, hugging yunhee then letting go to warm up her sister.

"yunhee!" renjun was by her side in a second, wrapping two towels around her. "i was so worried when you went missing yesterday."

"i'm okay, i'm okay." she said, hugging him back.

"yunnie! my baby!" aerin yelled, pushing through people to get to the shivering girl. she flung herself at her, stroking the girls head. "when i heard these dimwits lost you, i went mad. i made sure to beat them up till they cried."

"it's true she kept screaming at me that i lost her future sister-in-law." jeno said, a slight blush on his face.

"future sister-in-law? aerin?" yunhee narrowed her eyes at the younger girl who just laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

"yun!" chenle was next to embrace the girl in a bone crushing hug whilst wrapping a thick blanket around her. "you're freezing!"

"the water was freezing, chenle." she giggled, pulling the blanket and towels closer to her. "but... where's mark?

"he managed to get you and fleur's sister out, but he's still in the water." renjun told her as their eyes watched the lake, waiting for him to appear. everything was silent as the seconds ticked by, everyone praying for mark to be alright.

suddenly, he ascended from the water and landed on the platform right in front of his friends feet.

"mark!" yunhee threw her blanket around him, engulfing him in a hug. "are you alright? are you injured? freezing? broken bone?"

"i'm alright. i'm just disappointed i finished last."

"fleur didn't get past the grindylows, so you came third actually." renjun said, kneeling down next to him and ruffling his hair. "i'm so glad you're back safe."

"attention!" dumbledore roared, silencing all the people cheering for their champions. "the winner is mr diggory! who showed innate command of the bubble-head charm. however seeing as mr lee would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only miss kim, but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place!"

"mark, second place!" chenle yelled, shaking the boy by his shoulders. "that's our boy!"

"for outstanding moral fibre!"

the group of friends cheered and found themselves in a group hug, excited for the gryffindor who was doing so well in the tasks.

⚯͛

they returned to hogwarts grounds by boat and over to hagrid's house to spend the evening in the forest with him.

"now, i remember... i remember when i first met you all. biggest bunch of misfits i ever set eyes on. and here we all are, four years later." hagrid told mark, jeno and renjun who he'd known were best friends since the beginning of the year. chenle and yunhee were walking a little away from them, enjoying the stroll.

"we're still a bunch of misfits." mark laughed.

"always will be." yunhee whispered.

"yeah, well now you've got good ol' yunhee and chenle with you. you know, they've always been my best students. good grades, good homework, good in class and the nicest pair i know." hagrid said, then called over to the two. "just don't let these three corrupt you!"