⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟒𝟏

𝐣𝐮𝐧 𝟏𝟓 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

"w-what?"

"that's one of the things he asked us to do. me, donghyuck and jaemin."

"donghyuck and jaemin too?" she repeated, stumbling back. "you guys are going to take me?"

"no! god, no!" jisung exclaimed. "we would never do that. we've been trying to find a way to stop this and keep you safe."

"b-but he asked you guys to bring me to him. oh my god." she flinched when jisung reached out to her. a pained look flashed across his face at this.

"we'd never harm you, i swear. i just need you to promise me that on the thirtieth of june, you will stay far away from me and hide."

"what? i don't understand. why? what's happening on the—"

"yunhee! just promise me."

"i... i promise."

⚯͛

𝐣𝐮𝐧 𝟐𝟓 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕

it was clear that yunhee had been avoiding their slytherin friends. jaemin and donghyuck noticed it immediately and were hurt by the treatment, but soon realised she had found out about their task so they were more understanding.

yunhee didn't want to be avoiding them like this, but she figured it was the best thing to do so that she wouldn't get stuck in the crossfire. she constantly found herself gazing longingly at them, wishing that things could go back to normal. she knew that couldn't happen now. not after what jisung told her.

"yunhee, why are you avoiding them?" mark finally asked after talking with their other friends about it.

"what? who?"

"you know who."

"huh? voldemort?"

"stop playing dumb." he grumbled. "you know i'm talking about donghyuck, jaemin and jisung. you never ignore them like this."

"i'm not ignoring them... i'm just distancing myself." she replied, shaking her head. "i don't want to talk about this."

"then do you want to talk about that day?" he asked and she was immediately on alert. definitely nervous.

"what day?"

"you know— seriously. don't make me do this again." mark groaned, smacking his head on the table. "that day when jeno interrupted us."

"why are you trying so hard to not say what was going to happen?" yunhee teased and his ears turned red.

"because. it's..." he mumbled, averting his eyes.

"embarrassing?" she asked, her heart beating faster.

"did you think it was embarrassing?"

"can we stop answering each other's questions with more questions!" she retorted, rolling her eyes.

"ok fine, but are we going to talk about it?" he laughed at the distasteful face she made.

"i think we should. so do you—"

"mark!" chenle's loud voice rang in their ears as he ran towards them. "renjun's looking for you."