⇛ 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝟓

𝐧𝐚 𝐣𝐚𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"we need to plan something."

"jaemin, there's nothing more we can do." renjun replied. the group of friends, excluding mark and yunhee — she was with aerin — were sat in the great hall where their families and classmates were. it had been a while since they said goodbye to mark who went to face voldemort and they had been arguing about what to do.

"if renjun says that, then there truly must be nothing..." chenle said.

"hey..." yunhee mumbled as she approached the boys on the benches. jaemin gestured for her to sit on the free space next to him and she did.

"how's aerin doing?" jeno asked.

"not well. it's one thing to lose someone you loved, but to see them die horribly right in front of your eyes... it's truly traumatising. though, with time, she will heal. she just needs her friends and family support."

"as soon as this is all over i think we'll all need each other more than ever. i don't want to be separated from you guys again. i don't think i can handle it." jaemin said, his eyes downcast.

he felt a hand touch his that was resting on his lap. he watched as the hands entwined then he looked up at yunhee.

"i promise we're not going anywhere." she whispered, squeezing his hand.

he nodded, trying to force a smile but he couldn't focus on her. behind, there was a strange scene of people rushing to leave out the great hall.

up until now, there had been mostly silence, but suddenly people were getting up, muttering incoherently then leaving out the door. confused, the friends sent each other questioning looks then decided to get up and follow the crowds outside.

they pushed their way towards the front to see what everyone was gawking at. across from them was voldemort and his followers. among them there was also hagrid who was carrying something or someone in his arms.

"who's that? who's that hagrid is carrying?" chenle asked, his voice wavering as he seemed to know the answer already.

jaemin's breath hitched when he caught sight of the obvious round glasses on the body's face. he glanced next to him where yunhee was trying to get on her toes to see what it was. he quickly grabbed her and pressed her against his chest, into his arms, so that she couldn't see anything.

"jaemin, what are you doing?" she asked, her voice muffled.

"don't look. i don't want you to look." he told her, placing his hand on the back of her head when voldemort stepped into the middle of the courtyard, his arms raised.

"mark lee is dead!" voldemort yelled and yunhee flinched, trying to push jaemin away from her so she could turn around.

"jaemin! jaemin, let go of me." she fought against him, but he kept a strong grip on her.

"please, don't fight me. you shouldn't see this. i-i don't want you to see this." he muttered. at the feeling of her suddenly no longer pushing him and instead shaking as she cried into his chest, he rubbed her back, whispering comforting words.

"mark lee is dead. it is over! set him down,
hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs!" voldemort said and mark was placed in front of him. "you see? mark lee is dead! do you understand now, deluded ones? he was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!"