𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter one. stepping stone.

"Adam, you're gonna be fine, alright?" Maxine says, as she puts her hand on the palm scanner to get onto the intelligence unit, "the academy is no joke"

"Yeah, I know. You and dad have both told me numerous times"

"Okay, so then you know you have to take it seriously, it's only been a few months. Just be yourself . . . well, on second thought, maybe tone it down a bit" she jokes.

"HA HA"

"I gotta go. I'll see you tonight?"

"Yeah"

"Okay, love you. Bye"

"Love you too"

Maxine hangs up her phone and slides it into her back pocket, then takes off her coat and hangs it on the back of her chair and walks into the break room to grab a cup of coffee.

"that stuff'll kill you now, apparently"

Maxine looks over at her ex boyfriend ( who Antonio had brought onto the unit, because god was out to get her, she'd always say ) and raises an eyebrow, "yeah, I bet"

"I read an article online" Mickey says, grabbing a cup from the cabinet.

"Well, that is last on the very long list of things that I'm concerned about" Maxine says, grabbing the sugar. Mickey holds out his mug towards his ex girlfriend, who looks at him, with a rather shocked look and says, "Please"

Maxine rolls her eyes, going to pour the coffee into his mug and says, "you're annoying"

Mickey smirks and says, "you love it"

"Shut up"

Sheldon Jin then walks into the break room and asks, "Hey, have you guys seen Voight around?"

"No, why?" Maxine asks.

"Nothing" Jin says, before walking away. Mickey looks over at the brunette girl and asks, "so, dinner tonight?"

Maxine scoffs and says, "you wish" before walking away to her desk. Mickey nods his head and says, "yes, you're right"

~~~