𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty two. get back to even.

Maxine walks into the kitchen to see her boyfriend cooking them dinner and she smiles

Maxine walks into the kitchen to see her boyfriend cooking them dinner and she smiles. God, I love this man. Maxine immediately freezes. What the hell did I just say?

Maverick turns around to see his girlfriend frozen in place and raises an eyebrow, "you okay?"

Maxine quickly nods her head, "Hmm"

Maverick turned back around to stir the sauce and says, "so I was thinking we could get away this weekend"

"Where to?" The detective asks, walking over to the taller man, "taste please"

Maverick smiles bringing the red sauce covered spoon up to his favorite pair of lips for her to taste his mom's recipe, "New York. I have some business to take care of over there and I want to show you that there's a lot more outside of chicago"

Maxine smiles, "Okay."

Maverick raises an eyebrow, "really? you've always said you never wanted to leave this city"

Maxine shrugs, "if you're there with me, I'll try anything"

Mavericks heart swells with love for this woman. He didn't expect anyone like her to walk into his life, with all the shit he's been through, especially now.

Maverick had been going through a rough time before he knew Maxine and the night that she walked into his night club, his whole life changed, he didn't expect to feel such a connection to her.

He smiled, putting the spoon back on the spoon holder and goes to cup his girlfriends cheeks in leans in for a kiss, "you're amazing"

"What's amazing is that sauce. Wow"

"It's my moms recipe"

"Your mom has great taste. Can't wait to meet her one day"

Maverick clears his throat, "you will, when we go to New York"

Maxine swallowed a lump in her throat, "what?"

"She lives in New York and I always visit when I'm there"

Maxine steps back, "I—I can't meet your mom yet"

"But you just—"