𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter fifty six. forty caliber bread crumb.

Maxine was at a diner with her sister when she gets a call from Al saying there was a shootout and Jay was involved

Max arrives at the crime scene where she sees Al backing an angry Jay up against a cement column trying to calm him down. "I don't wanna see your face again, do you understand?" Jay shouts.

"Easy" Al says.

"Al, he was ducking, man" Jay breathes out.

"I don't care about him. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. I'm not hit. I'm alright. I'm fine"

The brunette runs over to them and pulls her partner into a hug and says, "Jay, Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I'm just glad you're here" Jay says, as he buries his face into the girl's neck, and wraps his arms around her waist. Not caring about anything at all right now.

"Looks like they left behind a .40 caliber breadcrumb" Roman says, walking over to the group. Jay lifts his head up from Maxine's shoulder and says, "I shot one of them. He must've dropped it."

🪩🪩🪩

After getting back to the district, Maxine and Jay both walk into Voights office and Max closes the door behind them.

"You're not taking me off this" Jay states, with his hands on his hips.

"I'm gonna do whatever I feel is right for this unit, Jay" Hank says, leaning on his desk. Jay looks surprised and points to his coat jacket and says, "this is terry's blood. I saw the guy who shot him. You need me"

Hank looks over at Max who is looking at the ground then back at Jay and says, "Okay. But anytime I or Max tell you to sit on the sidelines, you're gonna sit, you understand?"

Jay nods then looks at Maxine, so they can leave.

~~~

Hank and Maxine sit in interrogation with Brianna Logan who says, "my family warned me about getting into this business"

"You're a lawyer?" Voight asks. Logan nods and says, "I am"

"What did you practice before getting into the marijuana trade?"

"Corporate law."