𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty seven. never forget i love you.

"Voight, how's dry land treating you?" Lieutenant Carter from the fire department says going in for a handshake with Hank

"Still standing"

"I bet this view never gets old" Maxine said, her hands stuffed in her pockets as they followed the squad Lieutenant towards the Marina.

"Fourth of July, yes. When it's 20 below in January, I dream of a heated fire house"

"So, where's this floater?" Hank questions.

"These yacht club guys claim they took their boat out to fish, casting their nets for live bait. Nearly fell overboard when they pulled this in" he said, taking the blue tarp off of the severed head.

"I'm thinking unnatural causes"

"That's why I called you. We get floaters every few minutes the but not like this"

"Look at that" Maxine said, pointing to the mark on the girls neck, "looks like a small caliber entry wound. She's still got her teeth. We should upload them to VICAP, see if we can ID her from her dental records"

"If we want any real shot in IDing her, we're gonna need the rest of the body" Hank said then looks back at the boat, "they got GPS?"

"They got a lot more than that" the squad Lieutenant says.

"Let's retrace their steps"

~~~

"It's been a few hours. It's possible the current swept the body out further" The Lieutenant said, as he, Maxine and Hank stand at the front of the boat looking for the other half of the victims body.

"Can we give it a few more minutes?" Maxine asks.

"I'm not gonna fight overtime but my guys only for 15 minutes of air left"

"Alright, thanks Carter" Hank says, as the lieutenant walks away.

"My first year on patrol, I responded to this call at Douglas park. A jogger saw hands sticking out of the lagoon, so marine unit came and drained it, and they found two more bodies"

"Mother killed her two boys"

"Yeah, she tied them together with an extension cord. That kind of thing never leaves you"