𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter forty nine. knocked the family right out.

Hank walks over to Antonio at a crime scene, getting off the phone with his old cell mate from stateville, Eddie

Hank walks over to Antonio at a crime scene, getting off the phone with his old cell mate from stateville, Eddie. "Family's Bill and Maureen Clifford. 14 year old daughter, Carolyn. Offenders came in last night and ransacked the place. All three reported splitting headaches and dizziness." Antonio explains.

"and they were home the whole time?"

"Wait till you see what they woke up to" Antonio says, before bringing Voight into the house, "somehow the family slept through the entire robbery"

"Father had a security camera system. Could be something" Jay says, as he sees Antonio and Voight walk over to them. Jay, Maxine, Erin, Al, Antonio and Hank stand around the computer tech guy, who pulls up the footage.

"What's with the gas masks?" Max asks.

"Get CFD down here" Hank says.

~~~

"19.8% oxygen levels are lower than usual" Honey Amaro explains to Hank and Antonio as she and Jimmy Borelli examine the house for any kind of fumes in the air, "it means that there's another type of gas in here"

"Right. Offenders pumped gas in, knocked the family right out" Hank says.

Meanwhile, Al and Jay are outside walking around the back of the house. "Check this out" Al says, as they walk over to the air duct that had pieces of duck tape stuck to it.

"Duct tape?" Jay asks.

"Yeah. They, Uh, ran tubing through here, and circulated the gas through the ventilation system"

Back inside the house, Erin and Maxine walk into the daughters room to take a look around.

Erin shows her friend the doll on Carolyn's bed that was smashed in and she sighs. Maxine checks the bed and sees blood on the sheets, "Erin" then she lifts the covers up to see a pool of blood, "son of a bitch"

Max walks outside to the ambulance where the family is and says, "Mr and Mrs Clifford, would you mind if I spoke to your daughter for just a minute?"

"Of course" Mr clifford says.

"Carolyn, would you mind coming with me?" Max asks and Carolyn nods her head and follows the detective to the side of the ambulance, "Listen, I have to ask you this. Uh..did something happen to you last night?...it's okay. It's just me and you here"