𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter ten. at least it's justice.

"Yo

"Yo. Did you guys catch the game last night?" Jay asks, walking onto the unit and taking his jacket off, "18 seconds into overtime, Kane scored with a black hander. The guys on fire this season"

Maxine and Al look at each other. Max goes to walk over to Jay who says, "What's with you two?" as Voight opens his office door where he and commander Perry are talking and says. "Halstead"

Jay walks into the sergeant's office and Max heads into the break room to get a coffee. A couple minutes later, Jay walks out, grabbing his coat and Bishop races to grab his arm and says, "Jay.."

"I'm the one who tried to stop that freak. Now I'm the target"

"I know" she says, then hands him a card, "Take this. It's the number for Dan Hanes. He is the best Police union rep there is. You call him. And then you tell me how you wanna handle this"

Jay shakes his head and says, "This is unbelievable"

"Jay, listen to me. I am on your side, okay? I am always on your side"

"Yeah" the detective says, before walking away.

~~~

After discovering a torso from the trunk of a car, the team is back on the unit doing some research when Erin says, "Hey. The torso recovered from the trunk had an artificial hip. So I asked Jin to trace the serial number and match it to the patient's name"

"Doing it that way is actually faster than a DNA test" Jin states, "Only takes me a couple hours instead of a couple weeks"

"It's a good thing you're back to doing your day job instead of personal favors" Hank says, then walks to his office, "Keep hittin' the bushes"

Adam hangs up his desk phone and says, "So you think Halstead did it or what?" Maxine turns towards her best friend and glares at him, "Maxie, come on. It's a question. You never know around here sometimes"

"Just shut up about it. He didn't do it"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Al questions. Adam sighs and says, "Nothing"

~~~

Mickey walks into the locker room to see Maxine washing her hands and he says, "this whole Halstead thing is crazy, huh?"