𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

⋆° დ ༄ RISKY BUSINESS
chapter thirty three. the three g's.

"So Lexi, you have a college picked out yet?" Maxine asked Alvin's daughter, as they all have breakfast together

"Actually, I was thinking about riding around with my boyfriends band for awhile" Lexi said, crossing her arms over each other on the table, "they're doing this tour from Chicago to portland"

Maxine smiles, "what does he play?"

"Whoa" Al cuts in, "this is—this is the first time I'm hearing about this"

"No it's not" Lexi states, "I told you about it, like two weeks ago. Remember?"

Al looks at the young detective and asks, "Max, how old were you when you first decided to be the police?"

"18. I got caught selling weed, the cop who arrested me was Voight. He gave me a second chance, saw something in me and took me under his wing"

"You went to college to be a cop?" Lexi asks.

"I went to CCU, but I had a lot of life experience as well"

Lexi looks at her dad and says, "so life experience is just as important as school"

Al looks at Maxine, who looks at him confused then looks back at the teenager, "I mean, well, it is important but getting a degree will definitely get you further in—"

Lexi looks at the time on her phone and says, "I gotta get to class" then she gets up from the table, "it was good seeing you, Max"

"Yeah, you too, Kid" the detective said, gripping her hands around the coffee cup.

"Bye dad" the teenager says before walks away. Maxine looks at the older man and says, "Alvin, I hate to break it to you but I don't think lexi's interested in being a cop"

"She wants to be a roadie with her boyfriends band"

"Yeah, she's a kid"

"I gotta go check this guy out"

"No. Alvin, no. Don't" Max said and Al sighs, "I'll do it"

"Be advised, any tac units in the vicinity of Cermak and Archer, a patrol officer is requesting the closest unit with breaching tools to respond"